What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've noticed a lot of different damping procedures. Some cabinets packed, some, not so much. Some with building insulation, some with foam, some with poly. Seems as if the damping quality of the substrate density was an issue, it can't be by much, and should be easy enough to just adjust the insulation.
Gotcha, thought you had some plywood finishing technique or something :) You might like this article http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=content&id=79

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Cassette tapes! My finger was shaking over the "place your bid" button on an NAD 6300 tape deck yesterday. It's the one I wished I could afford back in 1987. Got a 6340 instead, and there's one of those on ebay too. Easier to resist that one, the top-end 3 motor one...not so much. Glad someone else got it.
I just finished listening to a recording of the Violent Females first album using the Yamaha Deck and a Maxwell Chrome tape and using DBX. I have to say that DBX is miles ahead of Dolby B. The overall levels were lower than the CD but the dynamics were captured very well. No tape hiss heard. The bass was very present. Overall the CD sounded better which is no surprise. What I am surprised about is just how close this deck came to CD quality. I'm very impressed with this deck's recording ability.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Though not by much, these were the most expensive tickets I've ever bought. They are for her birthday though :)

I went to the original Joshua Tree tour and it was incredible. Since this tour is for the 30th anniversary of that album, I suppose I am dating myself lol, though I was pretty young then.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Get that hammer away from your Phil 3. You're making me nervous.

Also, link? I'd kind of like one of those carousels, too.
Lol, the Phil's have a lot of miles on them. From MD to NY, back to MD between two residences in two years, now back to NY. The hammer is the least of their worries :D

Two things I'll note. Price on this has gone up almost $30 since I ordered this a week ago and plan on spending at least $10-15 more on a lazy susan carousel. The cheap plastic one that comes with this is grossly inadequate. I'm planning on replacing it, but since I already loaded it up I'll wait until the plastic one dies then replace the carousel, base, and reinforce the bottom of the stand while I've gotten the thing taken apart. So basically I'm saying I hope that plastic ring never dies :p

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005484N56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/Capacity-Bearing-Turntable-Bearings-VXB/dp/B0045DV04I/ref=pd_bxgy_196_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8DQ33Q8HHP3RJR7Y040T

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol, the Phil's have a lot of miles on them. From MD to NY, back to MD between two residences in two years, now back to NY. The hammer is the least of their worries :D

Two things I'll note. Price on this has gone up almost $30 since I ordered this a week ago and plan on spending at least $10-15 more on a lazy susan carousel. The cheap plastic one that comes with this is grossly inadequate. I'm planning on replacing it, but since I already loaded it up I'll wait until the plastic one dies then replace the carousel, base, and reinforce the bottom of the stand while I've gotten the thing taken apart. So basically I'm saying I hope that plastic ring never dies :p

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005484N56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/Capacity-Bearing-Turntable-Bearings-VXB/dp/B0045DV04I/ref=pd_bxgy_196_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8DQ33Q8HHP3RJR7Y040T
Wow prices on those cd towers has gone up....I had a pair of those a while back and think I paid under a $100 for the pair. The bearings held up on those at least. Couldn't give 'em away later....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I looked for a while and wasn't liking the 80s look of those towers. Ended up with one of these. Holds something like 500CDs/DVD/BD and this is the small one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I looked for a while and wasn't liking the 80s look of those towers. Ended up with one of these. Holds something like 500CDs/DVD/BD and this is the small one.

Nice looking rack! A long time ago I had a smaller wooden rack that also had a similar arrangement as these bars, more brass rods, to rest the cases on and over time the rods sagged in the middle.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh my god, lovin, you can't just tell people they have a nice rack. j_garcia is a person with feelings, you know.
Hey it was better than saying nice looking unit..... :) If his manboobs are worthy, then that too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No man-boob action at this time lol. I am pretty active. We did the Hot Chocolate run in SF Sun. In the rain. It was fun.

https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/sanfrancisco

I was looking for a second one of the other tall skinny black/cherry racks from the early 2000s that I have and they don't make them anymore (big surprise). Liked it because it had a small footprint but held a lot of discs. A bunch more CDs are in some cheap like $10 racks I got from Pier One. Maybe 700 discs between all those racks and I still have more in totes. That's after someone stole 400+ DVDs from me. I have been buying a lot less media because I don't have anywhere to put it.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No man-boob action at this time lol. I am pretty active. We did the Hot Chocolate run in SF Sun. In the rain. It was fun.

https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/sanfrancisco

I was looking for a second one of the other tall skinny black/cherry racks from the early 2000s that I have and they don't make them anymore (big surprise). Liked it because it had a small footprint but held a lot of discs. A bunch more CDs are in some cheap like $10 racks I got from Pier One. Maybe 700 discs between all those racks and I still have more in totes. That's after someone stole 400+ DVDs from me. I have been buying a lot less media because I don't have anywhere to put it.
I just gave up on cd racks, took up too much room plus I had several different models and with over 1000 CDs just decided to use the space in another way when doing my move out of the bay area. I put 'em all in notebook type binders with the artwork and chucked the jewel cases. I put them away mostly in alpha order so finding wasn't too bad until I started adding new ones. Now I mostly pick a cd out with foobar2000/bubbleupnp and play it off a flac copy on a hard drive and use the cd only as a hard backup copy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Right now it is controlling lighting, ecobee3. It is a great little alarm clock and I really appreciate it's step by step cooking instructions in the kitchen.

Got it for $139 when it was on sale, finally came yesterday. Amazon Alexa Echo

A little bit of a finger print magnet, I should have gotten the white one :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
SnapPower electric socket covers w/ built in LED night lights. Very cool. Outlet cover simply slips on, replacing the old cover, and Bob's your uncle. Come on when dark, off when light. Last forever. Best of all, free up the outlet where you used to plug in your old night light. We got the 10-pack.

upload_2017-1-16_7-26-4.png

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So I maxed out the HD's in my tower, total of about 9TB useable. Just purchased 2 of these which will allow me to add some new movies I just bought and with room to spare.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
SnapPower electric socket covers w/ built in LED night lights. Very cool. Outlet cover simply slips on, replacing the old cover, and Bob's your uncle. Come on when dark, off when light. Last forever. Best of all, free up the outlet where you used to plug in your old night light. We got the 10-pack.

View attachment 19857
Where did you get these? Sounds Cool.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just bought me a set of 12" SVS SB12-NSD's w/a 10% off coupon for only$766.08 shipped! Almost wished I had bought (4) of them instead. Just too good of a deal to pass on. So, I pounced! Go me!

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

View attachment 19857
I was in on the crowdfunding for that place and got a bunch of them for supporting them. They don't work with certain outlets, and go figure, they wouldn't work with any of mine lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis