What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
I remember you. What are we looking at here?
It's a 1970 Datsun 510. In a nut shell, it's a retired racecar that was bought by the previous-previous owner for a restoration, they got discouraged with the project and sold it to the previous owner, he wanted to swap all the parts off his rusty car onto this rust free car, but decided he wanted the original paint on his rusty car so he sold it to me. And me, I'm bringing it out of retirement and doing a bit of restoration.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've been away a few months now, but with good cause. Racing, of course...

Where did you get the car from?
I'm wondering if it was mine! (Mine had a blue interior for what that is worth).
I had an outfit in Augusta Ga balance the engine, but ultimately had to sell it to help pay for my final semester of college.:(
These were great cars for showroom stock racing with the independent rear suspension, but mine never saw the track (aside from autocross)!

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
Where did you get the car from?
I'm wondering if it was mine! (Mine had a blue interior for what that is worth).
I had an outfit in Augusta Ga balance the engine, but ultimately had to sell it to help pay for my final semester of college.:(
These were great cars for showroom stock racing with the independent rear suspension, but mine never saw the track (aside from autocross)!
Hmm, it does have a blue rear seat, and a couple of the door panels are blue. It's got the L18, for what it's worth.

Bought it in Portland.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hmm, it does have a blue rear seat, and a couple of the door panels are blue. It's got the L18, for what it's worth.

Bought it in Portland.
It is possible, but unlikely that it made it from SC to OR.
Have fun with it! Mine sounded like a coffee percolator when I got it - the timing chain had stretched more than the adjustment allowed for. Still a better solution than most modern OHC cars with their timing belts that can fail and collide the valve into the piston!!!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Got my new Work Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Back to Black

Trading in my Samsung Note 7 Exploding Phone (Mine Didn't) for the LG V20. Why can't phone provides make a phone that doesn't explode? Praise to Samsung for adressing the problem immediately, but it is still enough for me to say goodbye to Samsung.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Trading in my Samsung Note 7 Exploding Phone (Mine Didn't) for the LG V20. Why can't phone provides make a phone that doesn't explode? Praise to Samsung for adressing the problem immediately, but it is still enough for me to say goodbye to Samsung.
FAA is reportedly considering a ban of the Note 7 on flights.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd suggest to wait just a bit longer for Google Pixel XL phone coming out early October.
I already have 2 different LG phones and 1 LG TV die on me. Yes, very limited survey size, but 100% fail rate in my experience is not encouraging.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Every Motorola phone I've owned over the past 10-12 years (4 of them) has been really good. Only one had a problem that couldn't seem to be fixed, the ringer would randomly stop working...and restart at the most awkward time. It's still in use by a nephew.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that Motorola is now owned by Google.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'd suggest to wait just a bit longer for Google Pixel XL phone coming out early October.
I already have 2 different LG phones and 1 LG TV die on me. Yes, very limited survey size, but 100% fail rate in my experience is not encouraging.
Still enjoying the Nexus 6 you recommended (thanks), but was wondering if you knew what the Pixel XL will go for?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Still enjoying the Nexus 6 you recommended (thanks), but was wondering if you knew what the Pixel XL will go for?
Unfortunately no, but I expect it to be good value somewhere around $400-500.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately no, but I expect it to be good value somewhere around $400-500.
I read a rumor that the 32GB model of the Pixel will be around $450, and the 32GB Pixel XL will be $600. Then add more for the 64GB and 128GB models. In any case, no one beyond Google, HTC, and wireless carriers will know for sure until next month, though.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I read a rumor that the 32GB model of the Pixel will be around $450, and the 32GB Pixel XL will be $600. Then add more for the 64GB and 128GB models. In any case, no one beyond Google, HTC, and wireless carriers will know for sure until next month, though.
$600 seems a bit steep, i think it will be lower.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis