What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
3D Active Glasses. Got these just now. They look well made too I'm shocked. Charging them now. eh 5 bucks on ebay. 3 days Fast delivery too. :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
untitled.png

Picked up the Blu-Ray disk I'd ordered on Tuesday, only took 2 days to get to the record store. Wow, what a great recommendation from you folks!

Zilly

Zilly

Audioholic Intern
I just bought a Yamaha rxv781 receiver. It's the first (new) piece of audio equipment I bought since I had my dads old top-of-the-line Sansui complete system that he spent thousands of dollars on waaaaay back. I was young but I remember, it rattled the windows of our house. My mom hated it Lol. I guess my Dad was an audiophile before the word audiophile was created. He passed away a couple of years ago and I received a little bit of money from him that I didn't know what to do with. Finally I decided, I want to rattle my windows too. I would have spent more on the receiver but I also bought a 65 inch 4K TV. Have to keep the hubby happy Too lol

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Have to keep the hubby happy Too lol
Boy, that's something we don't hear very often. Usually the other way around.
So far as "rattling the windows", think subwoofers. Most guys like bass. Gut punching window rattling bass. The kind you find in action movies. Bombs, guns, monsters and explosions. When you get ready, we can help w/ guidance.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Zilly, congratulations on the new receiver, while I offer condolences on losing your dad. We all go through that sooner or later, it was '13 for my dad and '15 for my mom. This is the way it should be, not the other way around. I know this because my parents buried two sons.

If you still have some of the old equipment it may have residual value to the folks who like vintage gear. Some of it actually sounds great for 2-channel music, though often needs refreshing of some components.

Enjoy the new stuff! What did you get for speakers and do you have a subwoofer?

Zilly

Zilly

Audioholic Intern
Zilly, congratulations on the new receiver, while I offer condolences on losing your dad. We all go through that sooner or later, it was '13 for my dad and '15 for my mom. This is the way it should be, not the other way around. I know this because my parents buried two sons.

If you still have some of the old equipment it may have residual value to the folks who like vintage gear. Some of it actually sounds great for 2-channel music, though often needs refreshing of some components.

Thank you very much for the condolences, hardest time of my life and still struggling.

Rojo is correct, I am still shopping. However I've already spent the bulk of my money :(

Zilly

Zilly

Audioholic Intern

Ken, thanks again, and my condolences to you and your family as well.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, my Insignia Flex (Digiland) 10 inch tablet had a flashlight (light leak) problem
on the left side. It was past the 14 day return period. However, I took it back and they
gave me credit for another tablet. This time I went with the Acer Iconia One, and paid
the difference in price. Well at least, the tin can speakers are on the front of this tablet.
It is still charging up - however, this looks better to me. I toyed with the Amazon Fire
tablets at the store, and I am not really impressed with them.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Via promotion, I was sent these Aviator Polarized sun-glasses for review.
Had to be patient till they showed up from China.:cool: The brand name is
Dreamviva. They actually came with a nice case for the glasses, a soft pull
over cover bag, and a micro fiber cleaning cloth. Even at 14.99 regular price,
they are a better deal than what you get in the retail store.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
MPOW Petrel. My $8.99 Amazon ones broke after years of use. I had bought a second set and couldn't find them so I bought these on sale...then I found the Amazon pair lol. Charged these up and tried them out and after figuring out how to connect them to my tablet - completely NOT intuitive even after reading the instructions since there is only one LED to indicate anything, I liked them. With sale and points I picked them up for $2.25 lmao. They sound decent and have pretty good range.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, my Insignia Flex (Digiland) 10 inch tablet had a flashlight (light leak) problem on the left side. It was past the 14 day return period. However, I took it back and they gave me credit for another tablet. This time I went with the Acer Iconia One, and paid the difference in price. Well at least, the tin can speakers are on the front of this tablet. It is still charging up - however, this looks better to me. I toyed with the Amazon Fire tablets at the store, and I am not really impressed with them.

Well after using and testing the Acer out - this thing is decent for the price.
It is better than the Insignia one. I will eventually get a memory card.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most recent purchase was a Bissell steam mop, have not yet unboxed it.

IMG_0725.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis