What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby

Audioholic Intern
For you Analog lovers,
I just picked up this turntable. Michell gyrodec with a SME arm and a micro benz low output MC cartridge. Kinda overkill for my upstairs system - B&W Signature 7 inwall's, Bryston 9BST, Marantz AV7701, but it does sound significantly better than my old circa 1992 Linn LP12 with a Dynavector Dv20x cartridge

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Trying to get organized so bought a set of 10 of these clear plastic boxes at The Container Store.
Got cable ties, cables, speaker wire and such, all in their own container instead of jumbled together in a drawer. Now my kitchen drawers can be used for things which actually belong in the kitchen.

IMG_0744.JPG

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Every Motorola phone I've owned over the past 10-12 years (4 of them) has been really good. Only one had a problem that couldn't seem to be fixed, the ringer would randomly stop working...and restart at the most awkward time. It's still in use by a nephew.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that Motorola is now owned by Google.
That Motorola phone I would wager is the Photon, that was one I owned and had issues with the ringer working until about 3 software patches finally corrected the issue

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
New sub arrived a few days ago. No...EQ...location not yet determined...essentially plug and play with quick room setup...listened to a few test tracks over the past couple of days...I could use a bunch of buzz words but if I could use one in describing how it's sounds... it would be "ridiculous"... :).

FA 18a.jpg FA 18e.jpgFA 18c.jpg FA 18d.jpg

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
New sub arrived a few days ago. No...EQ...location not yet determined...essentially plug and play with quick room setup...listened to a few test tracks over the past couple of days...I could use a bunch of buzz words but if I could use one in describing how it's sounds... it would be "ridiculous"... :).

View attachment 19142 View attachment 19141View attachment 19143 View attachment 19144
Holy Smokes Billy what have you done.....LOL!!!!!! No really, it looks very nice. Bet, it sounds even better. Congrats to you. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this while the powerhead was being repaired for my central VAC. The central VAC is easier to use but the Dyson DC66 does a better job cleaning.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this while the powerhead was being repaired for my central VAC. The central VAC is easier to use but the Dyson DC66 does a better job cleaning.
We rocking already 2 Dysons vac. one for each floor :)
Yes - they are pricy, but they worth it and they are not disposable product. I bought a refub dc24 6-7 years ago and it still works as good as new.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Something is funky about that sub.....

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Something is funky about that sub.....
Santos Rosewood is nice but I would not call it funky...maybe in comparison to some other mfgs offerings...his other subs....make mine looks ordinary...lol.

What's funky though is not having any controls for on the fly adjustments...like simple gain attenuation.... any and all adjustment are available but only via download and password recognition...for my smallish room he feels that no EQ is acceptable(as shipped)...but some presets like "flat" might offer better extension...these are applicable without required consent from Funk.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Santos Rosewood is nice but I would not call it funky...maybe in comparison to some other mfgs offerings...his other subs....make mine looks ordinary...lol.

What's funky though is not having any controls for on the fly adjustments...like simple gain attenuation.... any and all adjustment are available but only via download and password recognition...for my smallish room he feels that no EQ is acceptable(as shipped)...but some presets like "flat" might offer better extension...these are applicable without required consent from Funk.
ha! Billy , My comment was clearly a cheap rimshot joke :)
Huge contrats

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

It's a knockoff Makerbot Replicator 2. From Amazon, but straight out of China. Instructions get the job done, but leave some to be desired. Supposed to have pretty good support though.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this purchase after just a few days.

This is also my first foray into 3D printing.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Our shop had one of the 3D machines spendy, but they do some cool stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Pre-ordered on ebay last week for the 3D disc only. Good deals there JG:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis