Zone 2 on Yamaha TSR 700

F

fkoliveira

Audiophyte
I have the exact same problem, I noticed a couple of weeks ago. My firmware is 1.60 looks up to date - not sure if the firmware update could have caused this. Did you manage to solve this? Can any one help please?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have the exact same problem, I noticed a couple of weeks ago. My firmware is 1.60 looks up to date - not sure if the firmware update could have caused this. Did you manage to solve this? Can any one help please?
By exact same problem do you mean it was working but suddenly stopped working? Is the second zoned powered by the Yamaha or an external amp? How many speakers in your main zone? Did you check your settings to see if anything changed? Did you check to see if just the FM radio would play? Any new sources? Exact same problems happen, but two setups being identical isn't as common.

F

fkoliveira

Audiophyte
By exact same problem do you mean it was working but suddenly stopped working? Is the second zoned powered by the Yamaha or an external amp? How many speakers in your main zone? Did you check your settings to see if anything changed? Did you check to see if just the FM radio would play? Any new sources? Exact same problems happen, but two setups being identical isn't as common.
Yes, it was working fine and suddenly stopped. Symptoms are exactly the same described here, how the display behaves and the remote buttons.

My Zone2 is powered by the Yamaha, and I did not change the settings (double checked them before I came to the forum), and I didn't add new sources. Only thing different that comes to my mind is the firmware update to 1.60 that happened in the meantime.

Not even FM radio is playing. My Zone2 has 4 speakers connected to it - not likely that all 4 would stop working at the same time (I'm ruling out a problem with the speakers).

Any thoughts?
thanks in advance for the help!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, it was working fine and suddenly stopped. Symptoms are exactly the same described here, how the display behaves and the remote buttons.

My Zone2 is powered by the Yamaha, and I did not change the settings (double checked them before I came to the forum), and I didn't add new sources. Only thing different that comes to my mind is the firmware update to 1.60 that happened in the meantime.

Not even FM radio is playing. My Zone2 has 4 speakers connected to it - not likely that all 4 would stop working at the same time (I'm ruling out a problem with the speakers).

Any thoughts?
thanks in advance for the help!
I'd start with a soft reset by unplugging the unit for 30 mins. But first, swap one of the front speakers and see if you get sound to the speakers. Also, do you have the four speakers connected to a speaker selector, if so it may have fusing that was tripped.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis