Zone 2 not working Pioneer VSX-LX104

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Hello - I am a novice with a new Pioneer VSX-LX104. I got my 5.1 system setup correctly but need help getting speakers in other room working. Cable box,Blu-ray and tv all hdmi. I hooked up bare copper from old speakers to zone 2 post connections and get nothing. Hunted thru manual and menus and am stumped. Should this work or am I missing something.
thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you power on zone 2 separately from main zone? Are you sure your content can play in zone 2 on your avr (zones may be limited due to DRM issues, i.e. digital rights management). Do you need to tell your avr via an amp assign function how you're using it?

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Zone 2 power on via front panel. Content is TuneIn local radio stream via NET input selector. havent seen a amp assign function.

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Well now - yes things work but I can’t find how to control the zone two speakers volume. I have two pairs of bookshelf speakers wired in zone 2. Both zones can play from different inputs and muting the main 5.1 set let’s the zone 2 continue but volume control does not effect them. I must be missing something.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well now - yes things work but I can’t find how to control the zone two speakers volume. I have two pairs of bookshelf speakers wired in zone 2. Both zones can play from different inputs and muting the main 5.1 set let’s the zone 2 continue but volume control does not effect them. I must be missing something.
On my remotes for avrs with zones I have to have to select zone 2 mode rather than main zone to adjust volume or input for zone 2.

S

Sword_Fish

Audiophyte
Hi everyone! I also have a Pioneer VSX LX104 and I am having a hard time setting it up...I am connecting it to a TV through a HDMI cable (ARC) and I have 5.1 sound in my living room., but can’t get any sound from Zone 2. I already set audio output as PCM on TV, turned on zone 2 and set the same source as the Zone 1 (TV) but can’t get any sound. Am I missing something? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
At a guess I'd say your zone 2 can't play that content because of the hdmi source. Do you have an option of an analog or optical connection from your tv to avr?

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Did anyone figure this out? I’ve tried everything with zone 2, no sound. I’m trying to put those speakers on my deck. Regardless of if I hit zone 2 or not they still play from my main.

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Hi everyone! I also have a Pioneer VSX LX104 and I am having a hard time setting it up...I am connecting it to a TV through a HDMI cable (ARC) and I have 5.1 sound in my living room., but can’t get any sound from Zone 2. I already set audio output as PCM on TV, turned on zone 2 and set the same source as the Zone 1 (TV) but can’t get any sound. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Hi. I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure this out? I’m about to hire someone but I don’t even know who

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Hello - I am a novice with a new Pioneer VSX-LX104. I got my 5.1 system setup correctly but need help getting speakers in other room working. Cable box,Blu-ray and tv all hdmi. I hooked up bare copper from old speakers to zone 2 post connections and get nothing. Hunted thru manual and menus and am stumped. Should this work or am I missing something.
thanks
Any chance this ending up working? I’m going

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
New issue with the VSX-LX104. Bluetooth connection drops often and tuner will scroll quickly through local channels but I’m unable to select one.Also no sound, static or music when input is tuner. Updated firmware from pioneer site today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis