Zone 2 not working Pioneer VSX-LX104

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Hello - I am a novice with a new Pioneer VSX-LX104. I got my 5.1 system setup correctly but need help getting speakers in other room working. Cable box,Blu-ray and tv all hdmi. I hooked up bare copper from old speakers to zone 2 post connections and get nothing. Hunted thru manual and menus and am stumped. Should this work or am I missing something.
thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you power on zone 2 separately from main zone? Are you sure your content can play in zone 2 on your avr (zones may be limited due to DRM issues, i.e. digital rights management). Do you need to tell your avr via an amp assign function how you're using it?

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Zone 2 power on via front panel. Content is TuneIn local radio stream via NET input selector. havent seen a amp assign function.

J

Justmadeup

Audiophyte
Well now - yes things work but I can’t find how to control the zone two speakers volume. I have two pairs of bookshelf speakers wired in zone 2. Both zones can play from different inputs and muting the main 5.1 set let’s the zone 2 continue but volume control does not effect them. I must be missing something.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well now - yes things work but I can’t find how to control the zone two speakers volume. I have two pairs of bookshelf speakers wired in zone 2. Both zones can play from different inputs and muting the main 5.1 set let’s the zone 2 continue but volume control does not effect them. I must be missing something.
On my remotes for avrs with zones I have to have to select zone 2 mode rather than main zone to adjust volume or input for zone 2.

S

Sword_Fish

Audiophyte
Hi everyone! I also have a Pioneer VSX LX104 and I am having a hard time setting it up...I am connecting it to a TV through a HDMI cable (ARC) and I have 5.1 sound in my living room., but can’t get any sound from Zone 2. I already set audio output as PCM on TV, turned on zone 2 and set the same source as the Zone 1 (TV) but can’t get any sound. Am I missing something? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
At a guess I'd say your zone 2 can't play that content because of the hdmi source. Do you have an option of an analog or optical connection from your tv to avr?

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Did anyone figure this out? I’ve tried everything with zone 2, no sound. I’m trying to put those speakers on my deck. Regardless of if I hit zone 2 or not they still play from my main.

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Hi everyone! I also have a Pioneer VSX LX104 and I am having a hard time setting it up...I am connecting it to a TV through a HDMI cable (ARC) and I have 5.1 sound in my living room., but can’t get any sound from Zone 2. I already set audio output as PCM on TV, turned on zone 2 and set the same source as the Zone 1 (TV) but can’t get any sound. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Hi. I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure this out? I’m about to hire someone but I don’t even know who

C

Cvquick

Enthusiast
Hello - I am a novice with a new Pioneer VSX-LX104. I got my 5.1 system setup correctly but need help getting speakers in other room working. Cable box,Blu-ray and tv all hdmi. I hooked up bare copper from old speakers to zone 2 post connections and get nothing. Hunted thru manual and menus and am stumped. Should this work or am I missing something.
thanks
Any chance this ending up working? I’m going

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis