YouTube Music streamed from my daughter's iPhone sounded better than my Lossless Audio!

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
I think it certainly supports the idea that the original recording is so incredibly important to be high quality and high resolution compared to the container and compression. Unfortunately it's too easy to use the term lossless on a container or near-lossless (equivalent) and it be literally meaningless because the source media itself was poorly recorded or low resolution or poorly mastered, etc. This concept is a personal interest of mine, having abandoned golden ear approach to equipment and instead taking a rather selective approach to finding the best recordings of any particular genre or subject matter, being far more important, than having audiophile "grade" equipment. A bad recording will not sound good on top shelf equipment. But a phenomenal recording will raise your arm hair even on an entry level set of equipment that is setup well.

Lovely recording, thank you! I love that nearly every instrument has its own microphone placement and position. Lots of care went into recording this.

Very best,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis