Your thoughts on the RBH SX1212P

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I respect you sir and apologize if I offended. I do love my line and yes I do get excited about sales so I probably annoy some people but weith my disabiluty, I have not much else to do but share my music and sound with friends and customers. Highlight of my days, I really enjoy sharing. Heres what I never share, I hide behind me 99% of time. Im trying so hard to fit in and be accepted but I feel I have to do and be 5 times more just to be even equal, its a daily battle to be accepted and fit in and I hardly ever feel that I measure up

I can understand the concern on fitting in because your a dealer, even people who have a stellar reputation here got heat for finding out later they were a dealer.

I am going to share my observation, take it for what it is worth, it may be worth nothing, but here are my thoughts:

So far all of you posts are about RBH in some form or another, which in itself is fine, you are passionate about what you sell and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it would be a lot easier to fit it, if you contributed your knowledge experience about home audio in general to other peoples questions and be a resource, like many other dealers do on this forum. If every one of your posts is about "What do you think about RBH" or all about RBH, that will definitely make it more difficult to fit in, because it is like one big sales pitch. I don't think there is anyone who won't welcome you to the forum. I am sure you have a lot of experience and knowledge you can contribute

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can understand the concern on fitting in because your a dealer, even people who have a stellar reputation here got heat for finding out later they were a dealer.

I am going to share my observation, take it for what it is worth, it may be worth nothing, but here are my thoughts:

So far all of you posts are about RBH in some form or another, which in itself is fine, you are passionate about what you sell and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it would be a lot easier to fit it, if you contributed your knowledge experience about home audio in general to other peoples questions and be a resource, like many other dealers do on this forum. If every one of your posts is about "What do you think about RBH" or all about RBH, that will definitely make it more difficult to fit in, because it is like one big sales pitch. I don't think there is anyone who won't welcome you to the forum. I am sure you have a lot of experience and knowledge you can contribute
Somewhat my thoughts, though seems he's light on the technical side of things. Enthusiastic objective stuff....meh. Maybe its a Mormon thing?

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic

Outstanding advice and thank you friend for taking the time to be kind

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Somewhat my thoughts, though seems he's light on the technical side of things. Enthusiastic objective stuff....meh. Maybe its a Mormon thing?
I am a beginner on the technical end. Have always been in sales. I am here and everywhere trying to learn both ends. When I'm with buyers, talking, doing demos n such, I feel like a champion, when in here, I feel like the fat kid trying to fit in at the cool table lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am a beginner on the technical end. Have always been in sales. I am here and everywhere trying to learn both ends. When I'm with buyers, talking, doing demos n such, I feel like a champion, when in here, I feel like the fat kid trying to fit in at the cool table lol
Sales without knowledge is far too big a problem in audio...time to start on the path to audio enlightenment. Good luck....remember nerds rule now and "cool" kids rarely were actually cool anyways

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Sales without knowledge is far too big a problem in audio...time to start on the path to audio enlightenment. Good luck....remember nerds rule now and "cool" kids rarely were actually cool anyways

LOL, I wouldn't take it that far, but this is a great site with a lot of people who know a hell of a lot more than me, which is why I am here, I like to learn :)

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic

Well I do have a lot but wow, nowhere near some of these guys, very intimidating but I do want to be more than just a seller because those difficult questions do come up and I'd like to have those bullets when needed. Thank ya'll so much for being kind.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Well I do have a lot but wow, nowhere near some of these guys, very intimidating but I do want to be more than just a seller because those difficult questions do come up and I'd like to have those bullets when needed. Thank ya'll so much for being kind.
Thankfully until I gain much more I have a few friends here and I always have our designer, Sean, so thats a gigantic help lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, I wouldn't take it that far, but this is a great site with a lot of people who know a hell of a lot more than me, which is why I am here, I like to learn :)
Take what so far? You think sales people in audio are worth listening to in general? From experience, I don't. Large bunches of bullshit in audio generally.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Take what so far? You think sales people in audio are worth listening to in general? From experience, I don't. Large bunches of bullshit in audio generally.
wow, sorta right for basic store audio salesmen, yeah, they are not very good for the most part, some very surprising though - but very wrong on speciality audio salesmen

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Would love to hear that sub though, sounds like a beast.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
wow, sorta right for basic store audio salesmen, yeah, they are not very good for the most part, some very surprising though - but very wrong on speciality audio salesmen
How do "specialty" sales people such as yourself make it any different?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I think pricing is very equivocal when you compare ID vs B&M brands.

1. You could get the RBH SV-1212N (MSRP $1700) + a $300 Crown amp.
2. With RBH, shipping is free. With JTR, you pay shipping for 150 LB. So that's another $200?
3. As with any B&M brand, you can usually get 25-35% off MSRP. With ID brands, you usually pay 100% of MSRP.

And the SV-1212 piano gloss finish (black or rosewood) looks a lot better than any JTR IMO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
MSRP can confuse things I suppose, but gives sales people something to work with, I prefer the ID model personally. Now you're talking about a different amp, for $300 the Crown you're referring to is the XLS1002? Will that yield the same performance as the amp that comes with the same drivers/box for $3700 more? Yeesh.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
MSRP can confuse things I suppose, but gives sales people something to work with, I prefer the ID model personally. Now you're talking about a different amp, for $300 the Crown you're referring to is the XLS1002? Will that yield the same performance as the amp that comes with the same drivers/box for $3700 more? Yeesh.
I would never need 2400W. But if you wanted 2400W, the Crown XLS-1002 could be bridged to get 2400W for $260.

There is no reason why an Internal Amp would Outperform an External Amp. The Only difference is that one amp is Internal and one is External.

Some internal sub amps do have nice Sub EQ features. If you are willing to pay the premium, you do get these nice EQ features. But there are other ways to get EQ as well (although probably not as fancy). I love what Audyssey Subwoofer EQ does for me (Audyssey Dynamic EQ is a must-have feature to me).

Companies like RBH & Funk are 2 companies I know of that offer both internal and external amps for their subs. And their sub amps have very nice EQ features that may sound better than Audyssey SubEQ.

But I'm kind of cheap and I already love the way Audyssey Dynamic EQ does for my subs. :D

I personally prefer an External Amp because if the amp ever fails (electronics fail more often than drivers), I can easily switch out another external amp.

But comparing prices between ID vs B&M can be tricky. Like in the example I gave, you could get a RBH SV-1212N (non-powered) sub for $1200 (or less) + $260 Crown = $1560 delivered (or less).

With the JTR, that's $1900 + another $200 shipping depending on your location.

So the question is, what's salient to you? Maximum excursion performance to break every glass window and hurricane clip in your house? Or a balance of performance + aesthetic WAF + price, etc.

I will always prefer externally powered amps for subs and speakers because I prefer the ability to easily change out my amps.

A lot of variables to consider and more than one way to do things.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
You're ignoring a lot of other benefits of the speakerpower amplifiers. They have DSP, are USA designed and built, provide high power output over longer periods of time, and are fanless.

They offer rack amps as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would never need 2400W. But if you wanted 2400W, the Crown XLS-1002 could be bridged to get 2400W for $260.

There is no reason why an Internal Amp would Outperform an External Amp. The Only difference is that one amp is Internal and one is External.

Some internal sub amps do have nice Sub EQ features. If you are willing to pay the premium, you do get these nice EQ features. But there are other ways to get EQ as well (although probably not as fancy). I love what Audyssey Subwoofer EQ does for me (Audyssey Dynamic EQ is a must-have feature to me).

Companies like RBH & Funk are 2 companies I know of that offer both internal and external amps for their subs. And their sub amps have very nice EQ features that may sound better than Audyssey SubEQ.

But I'm kind of cheap and I already love the way Audyssey Dynamic EQ does for my subs. :D

I personally prefer an External Amp because if the amp ever fails (electronics fail more often than drivers), I can easily switch out another external amp.

But comparing prices between ID vs B&M can be tricky. Like in the example I gave, you could get a RBH SV-1212N (non-powered) sub for $1200 (or less) + $260 Crown = $1560 delivered (or less).

With the JTR, that's $1900 + another $200 shipping depending on your location.

So the question is, what's salient to you? Maximum excursion performance to break every glass window and hurricane clip in your house? Or a balance of performance + aesthetic WAF + price, etc.

I will always prefer externally powered amps for subs and speakers because I prefer the ability to easily change out my amps.

A lot of variables to consider and more than one way to do things.
No, the XLS1002 has 1100W bridged in 4ohm mode. No need for WAF, that's for you guys who need that I suppose. Quite familiar with the XLS line and pros/cons of external vs internal amps, have 4 XLS 1500s, now in use powering my DIY subs. You'd need the XLS2502 now to get 2400W in bridged mode at 4ohm (1khz rating average power .5% THD), and fwiw that's more like $560. Still really not to be compared with a SpeakerPower amp and its dsp (the XLS have DSP for useful for crossover but not much else).

I've used Audyssey XT/XT32 for eq'g subs, does a decent job.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You're ignoring a lot of other benefits of the speakerpower amplifiers. They have DSP, are USA designed and built, provide high power output over longer periods of time, and are fanless.

They offer rack amps as well.
In further support of the argument for a dedicated amp:
I'm not sure it applies to Funk, but most sub manufacturers such as SVS, PSA, and Rythmik design the amps to mate with the driver in such a way as to be bullet-proof and if you push their limits, they confront these limits gracefully rather than making obnoxious noises. I'm not sure you can get that with an off the shelf amplifier!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure it applies to Funk, but most sub manufacturers such as SVS, PSA, and Rythmik design the amps to mate with the driver in such a way as to be bullet-proof and if you push their limits, they confront these limits gracefully rather than making obnoxious noises. I'm not sure you can get that with an off the shelf amplifier!
You can do such with a Behringer dsp series amp if you put the necessary effort in, am sure others as well. Nice when someone gives you a pre-programmed amp for sure. Speaking of such a "bomb-proof" expectation, try this guy's experience.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's not bullet proof because we see people complain many times on forums how their sub amps die. I see a lot more complaints about sub amps dying than external amps.

I've had a lot more success using external amps. I've never had any trouble with my subs pushing their limits or making any kind of noise with external amps, unlike some internal sub amps I've owned; the sub amp would hum and I can't move the sub amp to a different location because it is attached to the sub.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis