Your thoughts on the RBH SX1212P

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Just wondering who has or has had one or two and what your thoughts were on this beast sub.
Yes of course I loved it but I am an RBH dealer so everyone thinks I have to say that, so I'm looking for neutral thoughts if you would be so kind.

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, the SX-1212P/R has been measured and reviewed on AH. It is a total beast. I've sold a few of the SX-1212N/R subs.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Well, the SX-1212P/R has been measured and reviewed on AH. It is a total beast. I've sold a few of the SX-1212N/R subs.
Yup, it's a complete monster. I am wowed by your set up. My buddy has dual 1212"s in his theater and that was so sick, I can't imagine yours.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Audioholics article https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/rbh-sound-sx-1212p-r-subwoofer
Data bass measurement page where you can compare to other data-bass tested subs http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=108&mset=120

Looks a bit expensive for the performance to me....
if you like at fols like Funk audio and Paradigm and Klipsch n such, they don't offer what that monster can do without charging almost twice the price. Even audioholics said was almost the most insane they had tested but it's cool to see the different thoughts. If ya ever get the chance, demo one, sound does what no amount of writing or specs can :).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
if you like at fols like Funk audio and Paradigm and Klipsch n such, they don't offer what that monster can do without charging almost twice the price. Even audioholics said was almost the most insane they had tested but it's cool to see the different thoughts. If ya ever get the chance, demo one, sound does what no amount of writing or specs can :).
"If you like at fols" means what?

Did you compare your sub against perhaps something like the JTR Cap 1400? Pretty similar performance for $3.5k less. Could get two of the JTRs for the price of the RBH and still have money left over. Why do you continue to troll your only product line?

As to buying a sub let alone demoing one of RBH's let's just say I am very happy with my own builds, thanks.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
lol, I have a disability that made my muscles atrophy so my fingers are very weak and makes them cave in when I type mak9ing funny words,, I am so sorry, I try to catch them.

Was supposed to say if you look at Funk Audio and such. Can't hardly even zip m,y dang pants and legsa and feet look even worse. Very frustrating. see hands in pic. Thats me and my grandson

Attachments

Last edited:
Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic

Did you compare your sub against perhaps something like the JTR Cap 1400? Pretty similar performance for $3.5k less. Could get two of the JTRs for the price of the RBH and still have money left over. Why do you continue to troll your only product line?

As to buying a sub let alone demoing one of RBH's let's just say I am very happy with my own builds, thanks.
I respect you sir and apologize if I offended. I do love my line and yes I do get excited about sales so I probably annoy some people but weith my disabiluty, I have not much else to do but share my music and sound with friends and customers. Highlight of my days, I really enjoy sharing. Heres what I never share, I hide behind me 99% of time. Im trying so hard to fit in and be accepted but I feel I have to do and be 5 times more just to be even equal, its a daily battle to be accepted and fit in and I hardly ever feel that I measure up

Attachments

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Symba loved me though
I respect you sir and apologize if I offended. I do love my line and yes I do get excited about sales so I probably annoy some people but weith my disabiluty, I have not much else to do but share my music and sound with friends and customers. Highlight of my days, I really enjoy sharing. Heres what I never share, I hide behind me 99% of time. Im trying so hard to fit in and be accepted but I feel I have to do and be 5 times more just to be even equal, its a daily battle to be accepted and fit in and I hardly ever feel that I measure up
Symba loved me though

Attachments

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
It's a journey and I am so thankful for all I have and if I haven'tr learned yet the proper edicate on this site yet, I apologize, I am learning .

Again and again we walk through the doors of hope
The muddy ground covers our feet
Sometimes what looks like a sparkle
Is just a reflection on the rainy street

Were are so blessed that our hope is immortal
It can not die, it can only sleep
It does seem to sometimes fade
But new doors, new hope inside us we keep

It's that hand from the sky
Caught before we plunge into the black
It's reborn again and again
It heartbeat is the light and the strength that pulls us back

Craving the fall but life's not done with us yet
Were given new perspective's and sent to the next chapter
Unknowingly we've finished so much we were meant to do
hidden within the dreams we chase after

Our journey and our task are amazingly difficult
So purposefully, happy times and times of love
Times of giving and fulfillment became our refueling station
Our power connection to our loving Father above

We'd need to refuel many many times, he knew
All will run low on or out of, faith, none are immune
From the weakest to the the strongest
Life without God, is your Doom

yes, harsh words but the truth to share with every beating heart
You've gotta know that the king of kings does love you
His hope for you is everlasting
It never fades no matter what you do

You can go home in the end, just let him in
Your fear of the change will rapidly fade
Quicky turns to an embrace of a loving heart
You'll wonder for sure, what took you so dang long to start.

just to step right into the mud.
It sometimes like a practical joke from life. ( Hey look, I can solve that problem
for you ) oh but there's this one ittle thing lol. Kind of like the speed talkers
of drug side effects. ( Heck yeah we can stop your depression but our medicine may
cause thoughts of suicide, dry wouth, dizziness, hart palpatations, anal leakage,
oh yeah and sudden death) -What-What and the FDA says as long as we say that, no matter
how fast or how small the print, were covered, so ask your doctor if a one a day dose of
possible death is right for you, oh also, if you start dying, stop taking this medication
and seek medical attention but don't call us. We just sell the stuff. lol, truth of life
and our acceptance for possible better days.

I think on paper sometimes

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

The RBH sub is intended for a different function than a JTR sub. The JTR sub has a greater price/performance ratio, but, in stock finishes, they do not rank high in WAF. This RBH sub has performance in line with the JTR sub, but way higher WAF.

I would add that Klipsch doesn't have anything comparable to this RBH sub. Paradigm has the Sub2, which doesn't offer any more performance than the SX1212 but is considerably more expensive at MSRP. Funk, on the other hand, definitely has stuff that is competitive in terms of price and performance to the SX1212.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The RBH sub is intended for a different function than a JTR sub. The JTR sub has a greater price/performance ratio, but, in stock finishes, they do not rank high in WAF. This RBH sub has performance in line with the JTR sub, but way higher WAF.

I would add that Klipsch doesn't have anything comparable to this RBH sub. Paradigm has the Sub2, which doesn't offer any more performance than the SX1212 but is considerably more expensive at MSRP. Funk, on the other hand, definitely has stuff that is competitive in terms of price and performance to the SX1212.
I guess the pictures don't do it much justice then, it doesn't look particularly amazing as far as looks go and those feet are simply fugly; especially as compared with something in a beautiful cabinet from Funk (besides, WAF is meaningless to me, trying to even understand such in audio makes my head hurt). Of course all the cabs I've built are gorgeous :cool:. Klipsch or Paradigm aren't exactly who I'd look to for subs at all but rather Seaton or Funk or Deep Sea Sound for both nice cabs and performance (if I were to buy). YMMV.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not offended particularly, just don't appreciate the pseudo advertisements here, handicap or no. Become a sponsor if you want to go in that direction....

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Become a sponsor, I am a dealer and opinions differ, that's why so lucky so many people makes products. Have a great day man.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
My favorite sub is the SVS PB2PLUS which is no longer made. Dual 12" drivers, cast baskets, 1000 watts and cruses at 18hurtz all day long without even breathing hard, also very tight and musical

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis