You A-Holics Rock! Now an A/V receiver ?

M

Mtn. Steel

Junior Audioholic
As a group, you guys have talked me down off of the ledge of buying a HTIB! I thank You! My wife...not so much! I will now buy an A/V receiver and build up. I do not game. I watch primarily sports and Blu-ray movies(have a Sony BR player..(BVD-IS1000...HTIB scavenge). I want 7.1 for future expansion (I have a big room). I need True HD and other great audio. I will be using 5- 2 way Panasonic speakers (until piece by piece speaker upgrades happen). Problem is that I have a passive sub. Will upgrade the sub next available $$$. Budget is @ $400+- dollarsfor the receiver.
I am looking at the the Yamaha HTR and RX series and I am confused what differs between them. I am also looking at the Onkyo TX-SR606.I could care less about Sirius or XM, I do not need multiple rooms or zones. This is a one room system. Biggest bang for the buck??? Thanks for helping a Noob! Anyone ever needs Fitness/Nutrition advice...send me a PM and I will gladly lend MY expertice to those that may need it.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The HTR and RX series are basically the same thing. HTR is the code they use for some of the big box stores. For example, the RX-663 is the same as the HTR-6160.

For around $400, you have a few options. The Yamaha 663, Pioneer 1018, HK254, or Onkyo 606 are all good picks. You could also try for a Denon 789 using the 25% coupon code at 6th Avenue. If you're trying to power a passive sub, I'd probably go with HK, Denon, or Onkyo which have stronger amp sections.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I'd look at ShopOnkyo and see if you can find last years 705 for around 400.00 also check out Accessories4less for great deals on the 705

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis