You A-Holics Rock! Now an A/V receiver ?

M

Mtn. Steel

Junior Audioholic
As a group, you guys have talked me down off of the ledge of buying a HTIB! I thank You! My wife...not so much! I will now buy an A/V receiver and build up. I do not game. I watch primarily sports and Blu-ray movies(have a Sony BR player..(BVD-IS1000...HTIB scavenge). I want 7.1 for future expansion (I have a big room). I need True HD and other great audio. I will be using 5- 2 way Panasonic speakers (until piece by piece speaker upgrades happen). Problem is that I have a passive sub. Will upgrade the sub next available $$$. Budget is @ $400+- dollarsfor the receiver.
I am looking at the the Yamaha HTR and RX series and I am confused what differs between them. I am also looking at the Onkyo TX-SR606.I could care less about Sirius or XM, I do not need multiple rooms or zones. This is a one room system. Biggest bang for the buck??? Thanks for helping a Noob! Anyone ever needs Fitness/Nutrition advice...send me a PM and I will gladly lend MY expertice to those that may need it.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The HTR and RX series are basically the same thing. HTR is the code they use for some of the big box stores. For example, the RX-663 is the same as the HTR-6160.

For around $400, you have a few options. The Yamaha 663, Pioneer 1018, HK254, or Onkyo 606 are all good picks. You could also try for a Denon 789 using the 25% coupon code at 6th Avenue. If you're trying to power a passive sub, I'd probably go with HK, Denon, or Onkyo which have stronger amp sections.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I'd look at ShopOnkyo and see if you can find last years 705 for around 400.00 also check out Accessories4less for great deals on the 705

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis