Yeah.. I'm asking this question - In Wall Choices

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can that center carry the space?
Depends on how far your sitting from it really.
The sub never will. In the late 90’s they had a following and for their size they were fun. But especially in a space that big, not a chance. Soooooo many better options.

C

craines76

Audiophyte
Depends on how far your sitting from it really.
The sub never will. In the late 90’s they had a following and for their size they were fun. But especially in a space that big, not a chance. Soooooo many better options.
Listeners will be 12 -15 ft away

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What's the deal with Monoprice.. they are so cheap they can't be good, at least what I see on Amazon... They remind me of the Pyle car amps of the 90's 2000's
Don't look on Amazon go to there site and go into audio video

Then click on there Monolith lineup

This isn't there normal cheaper stuff this is the real deal. They are just aggressively coming into the market and due to there high volume in other sales they can be aggressive in there prices on there top of the line

These speakers have gotten excellent reviews and there Monolith subs and amplifiers have all gotten excellent reviews as well and they're pricing is just flat out great for the quality if your talking about the monolith lineup. The monolith 15 sub and the monolith 215 subs are just beasts and they are priced very well except for HSU best bang for the buck out there

So I wouldn't look past that lineup at all because quiet frankly at your budget there isn't anything that's going to match there performance at there price point

As many have mentioned to find good in walls to handle the distances your sitting from in your room your talking a lottof money to get great performance from in walls as someone mentioned a 1,000 each speaker just to get you started probably more

The monolith line is the real deal and there is no one else that can come close to what your looking for at your price point

But if you find something better my hats off to you. Just to be prepared to up your budget if you want excellent performance from in wall speakers they can do it just not for cheap

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So would you go with 2 way's with 8" drivers + tweeter over the Dual 5 inch/ dual 6 inch for L/R?
Yes I would. There are other factors and the overall design and implementation matter most, but in general bigger drivers provide more dynamics.

Single 8” = 50.3 Sq.In
Dual 5” = 39.3 Sq.In

G

GoesTo11!

Audiophyte
I have a room that size, with even more open space, with pair of Hsu in-walls and Def Tech center and rears due to mounting constraints. Also have 2 SVS 12” subs but for that room volume would go 15”. You could still make your budget easily with this config.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis