Yamaha YPAO Confirmation

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have not really seen a specific place to adjust the YPAO options other enable/disable the various options. Would have tried the specific alterations mentioned if it were doable but otherwise I don't really have any goal in mind.

Cheers!
Well from that previous post explaining the light, when you start making changes it can turn the light off but still incorporate the basic YPAO settings as a starting point.... Audyssey without the app you can adjust everything but EQ....if you manual EQ then you must have Audyssey off. The app lets you limit the range of the eq, below schroeder is a nice way to use it/limit it....

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks for the follow-up. I do believe that helps clarify the YPAO.

I've also done some more testing and agree about the "straight" mode. I've tried some more 2ch sources while adjusting the crossover (80) and something like bass heavy music my sub definitively turns on. Not sure why the AVR does not indicate the sub but anyway.

Also watched this one:
not sure if that was spawned from our discussions here (seems rather fitting) but I've now also switched everything back to your recommendations. I guess video format made it more clear. :p

I still don't notice much difference between small or large speakers but will leave all on small for now to see. Have my cross at 80, and no front for LFE.

If you did see the video. Point #5 mentions limiting the hz. Is this a thing on my AVR? I'm not sure I'm aware of where I would be doing this.

Cheers!
Glad I could help with the YPAO light question. The only reason I know this is because I have a Yamaha 2500 from back in the day, and that receiver has the YPAO light like yours does.

As for your question on limiting correction, lovinthehd is right, NO version of YPAO will let you limited the frequencies being corrected. YPAO does however limit the room correction to around 30hz or so. So no automatic sub correction with YPAO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Glad I could help with the YPAO light question. The only reason I know this is because I have a Yamaha 2500 from back in the day, and that receiver has the YPAO light like yours does.

As for your question on limiting correction, lovinthehd is right, NO version of YPAO will let you limited the frequencies being corrected. YPAO does however limit the room correction to around 30hz or so. So no automatic sub correction with YPAO.
I wouldn't say no sub correction, just limited.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I wouldn't say no sub correction, just limited.
Yes, true enough. the tools are there with Yamaha to make it sound really good. But you do have to dig a little deeper into the sound adjustments to tweak things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis