Yamaha Soundbar & speakers - confusing model names?

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
We have a second home in Bangalore, India and I am trying to set-up a small Home Cinema system there. I hope to base this on the Yamaha Musiccast Bar 400 Soundbar and a pair of matching Yamaha Musiccast 20 rear speakers. But when I e-mailed the local Yamaha HiFi supplier, he told me that in India they are called Yamaha YAS 408 and Yamaha WX-021 respectively. Does anyone please know if they are exactly the same products with the same specs?

I have to be certain because we are not going there till February 2020 and getting such things can be more cumbersome compared with the West.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Does anyone remember the Yamaha YSP-1000? I bought one circa 2005-2006 and still have it. It continues to impress and works like a charm.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Does anyone remember the Yamaha YSP-1000? I bought one circa 2005-2006 and still have it. It continues to impress and works like a charm.
2005? Thats a long time ago. Sorry to call that outloud.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
That it is snakeyes, that it is. Moreover, its testimoney to yamahas product quality!!.
I also own a set of Yamaha Recording Custom drums. Quite possibly the best drums ever made! Dave Weckyl anyone?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis