yamaha RX-A880 vs Yamaha RX-V685

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry about the Malaysian confusion. LOL :)

Let me know how best to edit or if I did enough. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
2 ques
1:considering theres ess sabre dacs in the 1080 they must be much better ir superior rt to the burr brown on the 685s?
2.are denon x2600h comparable to the 685s?please note in india the aircom infinity fans arent available or available at a premium.
Don’t worry about any DAC. You won’t hear any difference.

Regardless of using external fans, I would want to use Yamaha since they are much lower in operating temperature.

Yamaha is supposed to be more reliable. So I would stick to Yamaha.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Don’t worry about any DAC. You won’t hear any difference.

Regardless of using external fans, I would want to use Yamaha since they are much lower in operating temperature.

Yamaha is supposed to be more reliable. So I would stick to Yamaha.
thanks for the reply.was thinking moving to 1080 wud give a more open soundstage or a gud diff in terms of sound

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
thanks for the reply.was thinking moving to 1080 wud give a more open soundstage or a gud diff in terms of sound
I think most audiophiles would feel much better going to the RX-A1080 for their MAIN system if they have the budget.

But I think for many cases, it won't matter too much.

S

sand87

Audioholic
I think most audiophiles would feel much better going to the RX-A1080 for their MAIN system if they have the budget.

But I think for many cases, it won't matter too much.
again thanks a lot to all of u for the advice.actually i was thinking that moving to 1080 wud give a gud difference wrt sound.but it seems i shud stick with the 685 or better the V6a about to be released.

S

sand87

Audioholic
so checked at a yamaha store today
rx-v685- selling at 53k
rx-A880- selling at 77k final price.

so wat do the members feel?is it worth it to spend the extra 24k for an 880.reason i ask is here everyone says that 880 isnt worth it.
or again as i ask will the wait for rx-v6a would be the better option?

T

Tisson Job

Audiophyte
I might have been confused on the country of the main plant. :) I did hear before that the 1080,2080,3080 were manufactured at a different plant but maybe that is incorrect.

Edit: I just went back and edited it and said probably all made in Malaysia. :)
rx a 3080 and above are made in Japan i feel

T

Tisson Job

Audiophyte
so checked at a yamaha store today
rx-v685- selling at 53k
rx-A880- selling at 77k final price.

so wat do the members feel?is it worth it to spend the extra 24k for an 880.reason i ask is here everyone says that 880 isnt worth it.
or again as i ask will the wait for rx-v6a would be the better option?
Both are the same. You could go for an Aventage if you want better build quality as they say and if you are a fan of Yamaha!!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Very different look for sure, the V6A has a space age looks. IMO that site is very good for people who have very limited time and don't worry about minor inaccuracies. For me, I would always stick to the manufacturer's website.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It can be handy in a pinch if one is looking for a particular feature. They can compare two models side by side and see pics of front and back panels if they are concerned about having certain ports.

T

Tisson Job

Audiophyte
So the RX V6A is similar to the RX-V685 IN specs just with an extra 8k compatibility. The RX A 880 is definitely a better buy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis