yamaha RX-A880 vs Yamaha RX-V685

S

sand87

Audioholic
other than a 5th leg and the aluminium brushed panel and oh probably a 10W bump wat huge diff does the entry level Aventage 880 has over the 685.the diff in price is almost 30k .i guess they use the same dac and not the ess sabre.Am i missing smthng here other than yamahas sales crap that they take special care building this aventage model?

S

sand87

Audioholic
nope in india.i want to know wats the benefit over the 685 than the ypao or the 5th leg

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
They are basically identical. Get the less expensive one. I believe the Aventage has a extra year of warranty is the main difference.

I have a RXA770 in my living room and a RXV681 in my bedroom. These 2 are twins other than the 5th foot and one is a year newer. :)

I also have a RXA2060 in my den, which does have more features.

S

sand87

Audioholic
They are basically identical. Get the less expensive one. I believe the Aventage has a extra year of warranty is the main difference.

I have a RXA770 in my living room and a RXV681 in my bedroom. These 2 are twins other than the 5th foot and one is a year newer. :)

I also have a RXA2060 in my den, which does have more features.
so unless i go for the 1080 aventage model it doesnt matter if its the 685 or the 880 rt??

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The 1080 has the better preout voltage over 880, if you were to add an external amp. The 1080,2080,3080 are manufactured in Japan instead of Vietnam.

If your speakers have enough power on 685 and you don’t need preouts, go with that one.

Edit: Sounds like these are all probably made in Malaysia. My mistake.

Last edited:
S

sand87

Audioholic
The 1080 has the better preout voltage over 880, if you were to add an external amp. The 1080,2080,3080 are manufactured in Japan instead of Vietnam.

If your speakers have enough power on 685 and you don’t need preouts, go with that one.
so basically other than the naming and the leg there is nthng i possibly gain by going for the aventage RX-A880 rt?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The 685 has no preouts so you can’t add an external amp to that one.

S

sand87

Audioholic
just a question.Is Denon X2600h comparitively better to Yamaha RX-V685?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

IIRC, all the Yamaha's are made in Malaysia, not Japan or Vietnam.

I think the A-series have 3YR warranty vs 2YR warranty on the V-series

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
IIRC, all the Yamaha's are made in Malaysia, not Japan or Vietnam.

I think the A-series have 3YR warranty vs 2YR warranty on the V-series
I might have been confused on the country of the main plant. :) I did hear before that the 1080,2080,3080 were manufactured at a different plant but maybe that is incorrect.

Edit: I just went back and edited it and said probably all made in Malaysia. :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I might have been confused on the country of the main plant. :) I did hear before that the 1080,2080,3080 were manufactured at a different plant but maybe that is incorrect.

Edit: I just went back and edited it and said probably all made in Malaysia. :)
I was thinking some are made in Malaysia if not all as well.....so thought I'd go look at some images of the backs of various Yamaha avrs....so far none have the country of origin which is kinda weird as that's the usual place to mark such. What do the various ones you have say (altho I understand it could be a pain to get behind an installed one). Even the dealer doesn't seem sure..... :) Maybe a question for @M Code ...

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
I was thinking some are made in Malaysia if not all as well.....so thought I'd go look at some images of the backs of various Yamaha avrs....so far none have the country of origin which is kinda weird as that's the usual place to mark such. What do the various ones you have say (altho I understand it could be a pain to get behind an installed one). Even the dealer doesn't seem sure..... :) Maybe a question for @M Code ...
All mentioned models are assembled in Malaysia... Previously some higher end components were assembled in Hamamatsu, Japan and certain lower end products in China but now to the best of my knowledge all audio component production done @ Kinta Free Trade Zone, Jalan Kuala Kangsar, Malaysia...

Just my $0.02... ;)

S

sand87

Audioholic
2 ques
1:considering theres ess sabre dacs in the 1080 they must be much better ir superior rt to the burr brown on the 685s?
2.are denon x2600h comparable to the 685s?please note in india the aircom infinity fans arent available or available at a premium.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis