Yamaha R-N803's MusicCast doesn't have bass Management options

F

fattran

Audiophyte
Hi, Everyone

New in Audioholics.

I recently bought Yamaha R-N803. After setting up Ypao and download MusicCast, I found out that the current version of MusicCast doesn't has front speaker and subwoofer volume level control and bass X-over control as the picture in the following link and picture show:

and the following picture is what I got from my Pixel phone in dark mode:

I need help in finding someways to get bass management to properly set up the bass. Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've always been curious about this feature in this model. I thought it was fixed via YPAO without adjustment, but never saw much beyond that.....tuning in for info.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I've always been curious about this feature in this model. I thought it was fixed via YPAO without adjustment, but never saw much beyond that.....tuning in for info.
Yeah it is limited but still a lot better than nothing, because of that and the lower price I consider this thing a A-S801 killer as its internal is near identical less the USB DAC feature that most people don't need. And those who need that feature can do better using a cheap external DAC, and you know you know my opinion on the dac thing..;) For those who can imagine warm sound it will do it too if they would take a look of the 2nd harmonics on the FFT (on ASR of course). It also has the best bench test results among all the Yamaha's Amir has measured so far. Too bad I don't need one.

F

fattran

Audiophyte
Could it be that the new firmware version (3.00) to blame? If I reset it to factory setting (which is version 1.20), will the bass management options appear in MusicCast?

F

fattran

Audiophyte
Could it be that the new firmware version (3.00) to blame? If I reset it to factory setting (which is version 1.20), will the bass management options appear in MusicCast?

Update: I reset the unit to factory setting but the version 3.00 still there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does Musiccast have a separate function for bass management at all? Asking....just hadn't heard of such, not a Yamaha user.

F

fattran

Audiophyte
Does Musiccast have a separate function for bass management at all? Asking....just hadn't heard of such, not a Yamaha user.
Yes, I saw it in this site: Look for the Music cast app examplee

It had bass management features such as left and right speakers level control, sub x-over and level control and distances.

You have to scroll down to 3/4 of the link. It might appear in other version but not in my current iPad pro or pixel phone

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis