Yamaha Owners’ Thread (AVR, Pre-pro, Amp)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
I have not heard any news the CX-A5200 successor. But my guess would be 2023-2024.

The RX-A8 has to come out first. With this HDMI 2.1 Panasonic chip issue, probably end of 2021 or early 2022. After all the bugs have been found and fixed, I think 2023-2024 is a reasonable timeline. :D

I think they will improve on the MEASUREMENTS (THD, Noise). Upgrade to the latest DACs. But I doubt they will improve on the actual SOUND QUALITY of the CX-A5200 since it already sounds as good as it gets.
I am currently very happy with the RX-A3080's preouts into my amps. But, I may be first in line to get the CX-A5200's successor when it comes out. Technically, a processor (because there ain't no amp in it!! ;) ) should cost less than the equivalent flagship receiver. I am hoping such a business decision will be made for its successor to make skinflints like meself happy!

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I am currently very happy with the RX-A3080's preouts into my amps. But, I may be first in line to get the CX-A5200's successor when it comes out. Technically, a processor (because there ain't no amp in it!! ;) ) should cost less than the equivalent flagship receiver. I am hoping such a business decision will be made for its successor to make skinflints like meself happy!
I will keep my RX-A1080 for years to come by, but if I plan to migrate I might have to sell it & get the newer Aventage series. No loss here.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I thought Gene made a comment about aYamaha cxa 5300 in the Sony video.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t even remember what my actual remote controls look like. I use the Yamaha AV Controller WiFi Remote 100% of the time on my iPad and Phone because they work 100% of the time.

If only every company has the same awesome WiFi remote as Yamaha.
Yamaha integrated the Remote App features into the Yamaha Musiccast App. Go to what’s playing and bottom right to get to area then scroll down to Remote.

I think this means the original Remote App will go away since I’m hearing the new models only work with the Musiccast App.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Yamaha integrated the Remote App features into the Yamaha Musiccast App. Go to what’s playing and bottom right to get to area then scroll down to Remote.

I think this means the original Remote App will go away since I’m hearing the new models only work with the Musiccast App.
I use a physical remote mostly, I don't rely on apps to do the adjustment, those apps don't even have half of the functions what the actual remote have.

I think Yamaha might be pampering me with features even more so that, I might get used to the backlit remote and may never go for any other brand. Hope they keep the backlit remotes in all of their future products.

Can't imagine watching a movie without a backlit remote. It really helps in the dark.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Okay guys I'm having an issue with my CX-A5200, specifically the subwoofer outputs. It is hooked to an SVSound PB13 Ultra and the processor controls all the crossover points. It's all set to 80hz, speakers to small so the sub will handle the low end and LFE. The issue is I'm getting nothing below 50hz, like not even playing. I tested the system with REW and it showed the following. I checked the setup and no PEQ, level or gains are applied, everything is zero.

I tested the sub directly by playing it through my iphone and it was full of low end, 20hz sine waves made the walls shake. When i turned it back to the processor, nothing.

I'm missing something........View attachment 43365
That doesn’t sound “natural “.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They delivered me the wrong one. I bought the 26" version but they sent the 32". It sits a bit higher to my liking.

Yes it will sound like an iphone speaker if you play it through the speaker afcourse.

If you use a little common sense and plug in an earphone then you'll get a closer picture. I mean comments like yours are so silly.

Its meant as humour.. Dont take it the wrong way. We all pull one another's legs in here. I slap hands that try to go higher. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If the CX-A5300 is still going to be $2,700, then it might be less expensive than the AVR version since the RX-A8 is going to be $3,000.

BTW, are you using the A3080’s Balanced XLR outputs to your amps? :D

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
If the CX-A5300 is still going to be $2,700, then it might be less expensive than the AVR version since the RX-A8 is going to be $3,000.

BTW, are you using the A3080’s Balanced XLR outputs to your amps? :D
Oh yeah, i'm a class A snob. I will only run things into Class A power amps. So, 300 dollars in savings if i go with the prepro instead of the flagship receiver this time eh? God bless our good overlord Yammy. You've sold me on it chief....

P.S
But, wait, you're a Yam dealer aren't ya? I'll give you my money instead of crutchfield (or somethin) if you can provide a better deal than Crutchfield for skinflints like meself....i may also recommend/send many other rich fks (the ones i drink with) to ya.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah, i'm a class A snob. I will only run things into Class A power amps. So, 300 dollars in savings if i go with the prepro instead of the flagship receiver this time eh? God bless our good overlord Yammy. You've sold me on it chief....

P.S
But, wait, you're a Yam dealer aren't ya? I'll give you my money instead of crutchfield (or somethin) if you can provide a better deal than Crutchfield for skinflints like meself....i may also recommend/send many other rich fks (the ones i drink with) to ya.
Send me a PM when the time comes. :D

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I'm upgrading my cables to full 12 awg OFC this coming Sunday. It'll help the Yamaha reciever too. Let's hope for the best

E

EBN

Audioholic
Hi there. I'm looking for a loyal and honest sugar baby to spoil with money and gift. I will be paying you every three days and also all bills on me. Interested sugar baby should Dm me or text me on WhatsApp +12245302115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@PENG next time use your main account! Don´t be shy, we`ll get you some gifts!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If you have to pay for it, you haven’t earned it, and you don’t deserve it.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis