Yamaha DSP receivers

G

<font color='#000000'>There DSP receivers pop up all over the web. They are way more powerful than  RX-V/Z siblings here in U.S.  e.g.  Z9:  300W vs. 180W,    Z1:  200W vs. 150W !   DSP models don't have tuner which is perfect since they are completely waste for me.  

I am wondering where can I get these DSP babies in U.S. ?

Abe</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>correction:

DSP-AZ1 vs. RX-Z1 = &nbsp;200W vs. 130W
DSP-AZ9 vs. RX-Z9 = &nbsp;300W vs. 170W</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The DSP units are very popular in Europe and Asia where the tuners arent the norm due to lack of good radio stations. Yamaha's original foray into DSP was with the DSP-1000 which was as the name suggests, tunerless.

In the US only the R series is marketed unless you go to a Overseas store and get the DSP multi voltage model.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thanks Yamahaluver! &nbsp; &nbsp;There is a possibility of passing through Hong Kong next year on my vacation trip. maybe ....

Abe</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Abe,

One word of caution, if you pick up overseas multi voltage equipment, chances are that Yamaha U.S.A. is bound by law not to service them warranty or otherwise. Check with Yamaha U.S.A. before you plunge into one of those overseas units.

Yamaha US do service sets picked up from US Army stores and those models too are multi voltage but only with a receipt.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis