Yamaha Debuts RX-Z9 at CEDIA 2003

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Pam,

Your question is a little confusing, hence probably why you got no response. Also how did you calculate the math?

First you seem to be confusing bitrate Mbps with MHz or analog bandwidth. If something were switching in the digital domain there would be no need to pass the digital signal through an analog amplifier.

Second where does the 3Mbps video rate come from. When using MPEG these numbers refer to average video rate. The instantaneous video rate can vary quite greatly with peaks in the order of three times average being possible.

Paul</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>Any chance of getting a DPLIIx update for the 2400?</font>
<font color='#000080'>I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this probably will not happen. Traditionally, Yamaha doesn't offer updates, let alone for their non-flagship receivers.</font>

A

_audiouser_

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>hawke,

I know, but it would really nice if they could though. &nbsp;The YSS-930 is supposed to support it. &nbsp;You could look at is as a chance for Yamaha to blaze a &quot;customer first&quot; trail here that no other consumer gear vendor has taken.

I realize the real barrier here is how much extra Dolby wants to charge for the &quot;new&quot; format. &nbsp;If your taking 1-3 percent the total cost of the 2400 thats do-able for the &quot;brownie points&quot; you would get with end users (bury the cost, in crease the whole sale price slowly etc.). &nbsp;If its 6-10 percent it's just not do-able.</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if any one noticed. On pg 11 of the pdf literature on the 1400/2400 from Yamaha's website- in addition to a low pass filter, there is also a variable high pass filter on the F/C/S/SB channels at 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 160, and 200 Hz (12db/oct). However, it doesn't mention if the x-over can be implemented with external inputs. Even though the RX-Z9's info mentioned only the low pass filter, there is no way that they would include this feature in lower tier offerings without it also being included in the flagship.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis