Yamaha AVR making noise

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I'm pretty sure that this is a ground loop, even though there is no hum. Ground loops in digital equipment often corrupt data, and you get the noise you complain of. The give away is the noise you get moving the arrow on the screen.

So you need to go through the usual procedure for isolating ground loops. That means removing grounds one by one. Most likely the ground loop is occurring between your TV and receiver.

The ground loops can be internal. The last time I ran into this exact problem, it was a ground loop in a power supply.
Ok, but I wouldn't know how to do that. Unless you are talking process of elimination. I can do that. Plug things one at a time into different outlets. But for now, or at least last night, it was fixed. So hopefully, I will not have to revisit this issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had two options on reset defaults. I cannot remember what one said, but the other said "all", which is what I did.
A soft reset is simply unplugging the units for a while from power....sort of a reboot. Saves settings that way too.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I did not do a soft reset. I don't know what that is. I actually thought I posted this last night, but I don't see the reply. If you do, sorry about the double post. Not getting the notification on replies. O/w I'd reply sooner!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did not do a soft reset. I don't know what that is. I actually thought I posted this last night, but I don't see the reply. If you do, sorry about the double post. Not getting the notification on replies. O/w I'd reply sooner!
Well you know now if you can see my last post :) Always a good thing to ask about what you don't know too :) You could possibly have a ground loop issue but without unusual noises now or other evidence I'd simply wait to see if the same issue arises again or not.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis