Yamaha Aventage 2060 and zone 2 output for recording

M

mld218

Audiophyte
Hello,

I have been struggling with trying to record music from my turntable into my computer using my Yamaha 2060. Currently, I have my turntable setup and can listen to music so that is not the issue. I am running an audio cable from the Zone 2 out line level output directly to my audio interface (tascam US366) connected to my computer. Unfortunately I am getting no sound at all coming into my computer. Am I doing something wrong in my setup, or completely missing something. I have a feeling I need to somehow tell the receiver to output the audio signal I just haven't figured out how to do that in the configuration.

Thanks for any help you can give
Mike

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Is the receiver’s display showing “Zone 2?”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, what are the zone 2 settings? On is one, how about volume level since you're using pre-outs rather than a fixed line out? What does the Tascam unit do particularly in this setup?

M

mld218

Audiophyte
I actually did get it to work, I was missing the Zone 2 piece on the receiver. Is there actually a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do with the 2060 receiver. The volume coming into the computer is low but usable and I can boost it with software. There is no specific line level output on this particular receiver. On past models they have had an audio out section but this model doesn't have it.

Thanks
Mike

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

The Yamaha’s Zone 2 will be a standard line-level output. So, not sure why the audio coming in to the TASCAM is low, unless you don’t have the settings right. The switch on the top should be set for Mic/Line, and the Mode switch on the bottom should be set for Stereo, and you should be using the two 1/4" inputs (next to the XLR mic jacks). The TASCAM also has input gain and output level controls, which combined should be able to get you more signal level than you actually need.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Zone 2 is setup in amp assign properly? I don't see that it's a line level output, but rather a volume controlled output for use with a power amp....

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

According to Page105 in the manual, Zone 2 and 3 output can be set for variable or fixed.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't dig that deep in the manual....nice feature unless you want both :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis