Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not just Onkyo's, H/K very buggy AVR's. Realistic stereo two channel, front display lights always going out. Samsung TV's, Vizio TV's. LG, Samsung blu-ray player's, Emotiva.
Lesson learned, huh? Stick with Yamaha! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh wait! I do have a Sony 40" led that's over 16 years old! Still going strong! And a Sony AVR that's 15 years old!!
Those old AVRs can last pretty long since they only have 2-5CH of amps inside, not 9-13CH of amps.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Im not a gamer so the HDMI issue wont affect me.
You do not need to be a gamer to enjoy a high quality PC desktop picture on 4K TV via HDMI 2.1 connection. For 4K/60 10-bit RGB picture of desktop on TV, you already need 20 Gbps of bandwidth, which is HDMI 2.1. I do this to display digital photos on big TV, run some PC applications, etc. on 4K/120, scrolling through browser on big 4K TV is brilliant. Treat HDMI 2.1 as great for PC. Gaming is just one of many activities some people do with it.

Someone is selling a used a RX-V6A for $750
Shocking! On which planet does that seller live? New AVR is cheaper than used. I would not pay more than $300 for used. It has HDMI board with 24 Gbps ports. No future-proof whatsoever.

You have new Denon X1700H for $700 with 3 x 40 Gbps HDMI ports, working out of the box.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You do not need to be a gamer to enjoy a high quality PC desktop picture on 4K TV via HDMI 2.1 connection. For 4K/60 10-bit RGB picture of desktop on TV, you already need 20 Gbps of bandwidth, which is HDMI 2.1. I do this to display digital photos on big TV, run some PC applications, etc. on 4K/120, scrolling through browser on big 4K TV is brilliant. Treat HDMI 2.1 as great for PC. Gaming is just one of many activities some people do with it.

Shocking! On which planet does that seller live? New AVR is cheaper than used. I would not pay more than $300 for used. It has HDMI board with 24 Gbps ports. No future-proof whatsoever.

You have new Denon X1700H for $700 with 3 x 40 Gbps HDMI ports, working out of the box.
I believe 3db lives in Canada. So higher prices.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't get that V6A at that price! Way to much for that AVR. I paid way less for a new one last year. A trusted dealer is the way to go!;) When Yamaha does decide to unlock all of the 7, 2.1 HDMI ports it'll be a go to AVR for gamers for sure. Like you I'm really not a gamer, I do have a PS4, I have one game, lol use that PS4 for mostly chatting with my grandchildren and to send messages to them. I picked it up used for 200 bucks. But @3db, get with @AcuDefTechGuy if your interested in a new AVR, be it Yamaha, Denon or Marantz. One last thing brother, I'd recommend nothing under the RX-A4A from Yamaha. Not that you wouldn't be happy with the RX-A2A and down, it's just that the A4A and up are in a whole other league of AVR over their A2A and down. Even with the HDMI's still locked, when Yamaha does finally unlock the port's it may be worth the wait. But as you many know already Denon has the 2.1 unlocked out the box, but it's only one 2.1 port, that I know of.
Thats in Canadian dollars so it equates to about $601 US. I dont really need it and rather spend it on one of these which go for about 5K. Its an Oracle Delphi TT with an SME tonearm. I can afford one but my dam conscious wont let me get it just yet. My late wife is still screaming in my ear, "Are you f'in crazy??" And life goes on *LOL

1648234830403.png

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thats in Canadian dollars so it equates to about $601 US. I dont really need it and rather spend it on one of these which go for about 5K. Its an Oracle Delphi TT with an SME tonearm. I can afford one but my dam conscious wont let me get it just yet. My late wife is still screaming in my ear, "Are you f'in crazy??" And life goes on *LOL

View attachment 54844
Dude! I just noticed you gotta be one of the oldest AH members!! 2002! Very nice, do you know when Gene's site went online? But yep feel ya on buying gear, I just picked up Polk's Signature Series last year. 60's S35 and 4 S15's, hopefully RBH 6500's Red ones :) will be sitting in my setup by the last quarter of this year.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Same with my RX-V3900 which served me flawlessly for 14 years.
My RX-V3300 was used 13 years when I sold it in 2017. I assume it may be still running. :)

And I’m going on 5 years with my RX-A2060 purchased in 2017. :)

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
What I think is shocking is that you would pay $300 for a used RX-V6A and wouldn't pay $1 for a new RX-A6A!!! On which planet do you live?
Capture0987987.JPG

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
My RX-V3300 was used 13 years when I sold it in 2017. I assume it may be still running. :)

And I’m going on 5 years with my RX-A2060 purchased in 2017. :)
I know my RX-V3900 is because I just gave it to my step son in November and helped him set it up after I took it down at my place when I got the A6A.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a boxed RX-V1500 (bought used) that was working but packed it away for an updated but used RX-V1075 which lives in my bedroom. I bought an RX-A3060 to replace a still working RX-V1800 which I gave to my son-inlaw. My last orange display holdout :p is the RX-V1900 which I also bought used and continues to run my 2nd system. All my Yamaha cassette decks makes these AVRs look like jail bate.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis