Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

R

Rare80s

Audiophyte
Has anyone actually got a RX-A8A AVENTAGE yet. Or are they still awaiting shipping ?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So think 40Gbps HDMI2.1 will be enough on 10bit panels. When does 48Gbps matter? It seems all the companies are good with just 40Gbps HDMI 2.1 such as LG.

I’m guessing in later stages of 8K rollout they may push for 8K in 120fps instead of 60fps but that would be probably in 10 or more years? I’m sure we will be in HDMI 2.2 or higher at that point anyhow. :)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
This doesn’t need to be posted in every single Yamaha thread as if the British were coming.:rolleyes:
It's better if people are informed. I know several people thinking about buying either A2A or A4A. Being aware of different speed of HDMI ports can be a deal breaker for their usage case.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It's better if people are informed. I know several people thinking about buying either A2A or A4A. Being aware of different speed of HDMI ports can be a deal breaker for their usage case.
Agree. And they can inform themselves by going onto Yamaha’s website. All they really need to know is that nothing from Yamaha, now, or coming soon is fully functional out of the box in regard to HDMI 2.1 and they will be making a purchase based on a promise that may not be kept.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
As far as the 2.1 issues with AVR,s, like it's been said by Gene and other's already just run your HDMI out straight to your TV then use eARC back to your AVR. But in the meantime I'm still waiting for my audio dealer for good news he has his hands on a A4A.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
hi guys heres is a review from australia

This is not a review. It's extended description of features we already know about from Yamaha'a published specs, dressed in nice language. The only part that could have a semblence of "review" is testing subjective listening experience, which was done with three audio sources.

Genuine review of any product includes robust testing with objective instruments - power delivery, board features, such as HDMI 2.1, noise level on inputs, distortion, heat measuments, etc. Gene, Amir and several other audio professionals indeed carry out some of those measuments. Besides, no audio tech outlet or magazine is able to carry out a proper review until we see ALL features working correctly, especially HDMI 2.1 video features that have crippled those reiceveirs for more than a year.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
As far as the 2.1 issues with AVR,s, like it's been said by Gene and other's already just run your HDMI out straight to your TV then use eARC back to your AVR. But in the meantime I'm still waiting for my audio dealer for good news he has his hands on a A4A.
The "eARC workaround" could work only for those folks who have a TV with eARC in the first place. Many don't.

However, this should never be a permanent advice or excuse made by companies for designing a bad product, which does not function as intended or advertised.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, unless they did actual measurements (THD+N/SINAD for audio, ANSI Contrast/ANSI Lumen for Video), it's not a "REVIEW". :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The "eARC workaround" could work only for those folks who have a TV with eARC in the first place. Many don't.

However, this should never be a permanent advice or excuse made by companies for designing a bad product, which does not function as intended or advertised.
Wasn't ment as (permanent). Paying $1,000's for AVR's and not getting what one paid for isn't good at all. This isn't nothing new with manufacturers putting out gear with issues. They all do it.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
44 container ships are stuck off the west coast of California right now can't get unloaded can't get into the docks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis