Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I guess the expression “nobody’s perfect“ will always be true.

You would think someone would be able to examine and study all the top AVR/AVP and build the perfect AVR/AVP series. But then that might bring it so close to perfection, which we are not allowed to have. :D

1. Would anyone object to having Dirac Live, even if they would not use it? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

2. Would anyone object to having 16CH pre-outs in their AVP, even if they only use 5.2.4? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

3. Would anyone object to being able to have subwoofer management in Pure Direct mode (like in Denon/Marantz)?

Or is the reason why there can never be a perfect AVR/AVP is because too many people want too many different things? :D
Well I mean the perfect processor does exist. It’s called Trinnov. Or DataSat . :pWhich ever anyone prefers. They have 16-32 channels, comes with Dirac. Or with Trinnov, they have created their own EQ software. Some consider even better than Dirac. Industry leading warranties. High end materials used. Every single sound codec out there. List goes on.

Now all I need to do is start a YouTube channel, talk a crap ton about Trinnov, get the Trinnov rep to send me one, never return it and BAM, I’ve got a Trinnov!!:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well I mean the perfect processor does exist. It’s called Trinnov. Or DataSat . :pWhich ever anyone prefers. They have 16-32 channels, comes with Dirac. Or with Trinnov, they have created their own EQ software. Some consider even better than Dirac. Industry leading warranties. High end materials used. Every single sound codec out there. List goes on.

Now all I need to do is start a YouTube channel, talk a crap ton about Trinnov, get the Trinnov rep to send me one, never return it and BAM, I’ve got a Trinnov!!:D
Good plan, let us know how that worked out! I'd love to have a Trinnov system to play with. Believe some go from 16 to 32 with just the addition of another box, too. Then the new platform for Yamaha may have similar capabilities if they build the hardware to match up....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Do these have the perfect WiFi remote app and music Streaming app that work 100% of the time even when your home internet is down? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like where you are going with this. :)

I'd love to see Anthem's big processors actually work, frankly. That would go a long way toward your post! :D I particularly like the +4 dedicated Subwoofer outputs... 19 channels gives almost everybody everything they want in a processor, just short of the Top Center/VOG channel (which, frankly, I think only a few very persnickety phools actually care about).

That said, my own personal dreamboat would be 13.4 channels (really 13.3, but I'll give those Welti folks their 4th :p ). Dirac with Bass Control module, would be preferred, but if Anthem or Audyssey could be tuned better, cool. (I'll need to see if the new YPAO is worth it's salt in the real world.) They would also be built with a smart Modular Design allowing for easy upgrades to internal component boards.
It would be clever to see an optional on-board amp for up to 6 channels, completely user assignable.

I agree that Pure Direct should include crossover to Subs. And the unit should allow the end user much more finite control over their channel selection and placement (not talking mappable-customized channel placement a la Trinnov, but say someone wants Fr Ht + Top Mid, they should be able to do that.)

This should be completely doable for $4-5K. :) Considering the HTP-1 and RMC-1 are at that price point... A company like SU or Yamaha should be able to deliver this in spades.
We would think.

Also:
1. Would anyone object to a Five Year Warranty?

2. Would anyone object to good customer support that will send you free shipping labels to return the AVR/AVP if anything happens in the 5 year period?

3, Would anyone object if the repair center could actually fix something other than swapping out HDMI cards? And also not lie about fixing something and blaming FedEx or UPS for damaging the repairs?

4. Would anyone object to not having to put up with so many glitches/bugs?

5. Would anyone object to having a WiFi remote app and music streaming app that work 100% of the time even when your internet is down? :D

6. Would anyone object to having a SIMPLE EASY AVR/AVP that you could plug and plug if you didn’t feel like setting up anything - the default setting would be like an Analog Integrated Amp unless you set it differently.

We could go on. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Good plan, let us know how that worked out! I'd love to have a Trinnov system to play with. Believe some go from 16 to 32 with just the addition of another box, too. Then the new platform for Yamaha may have similar capabilities if they build the hardware to match up....
Trinnov has their base 16 processor. Cheapest one you can get at $17k. Comes with everything the more expensive ones have except the 16 CH has an i3 or i5 chip and the 24+CH versions have the i7 Intel processors. I believe. Don't quote me on it, but I thought that's what I read before. I did read that they are going to be putting all new DAC's in the system. And they are still developing the next HDMI 2.1 boards. Just this last year they upped their warranty to 10 years. Industry leading!

Regarding the 48 EXT. You have to own the Altitude 32 in order to have the extender. I would love to hear a 32CH and 48 Ch home theater.

I feel like Yamaha could easily make something like this. They have the resources to do it. Get more skin in the game and maybe prices might start to come down. That's a big maybe. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
16291332650272147543298521819611.jpg
11297088203239070205~2.jpeg

Just read a article of why there's been delayed since July. These ships have been sitting off the coast of LA waiting to be unloaded!! It's my Yamaha! and I want it now!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha is looking DTS:X Pro for the A8 in future probably as a firmware upgrade, nothing is certain though.
Auro 3D is ready in few weeks.

I think the Yamaha rep also said they can´t implement other eq system so i don´t see them backing off from in house YPAO as they can save there and put more money in to higher quality design as they have done with the new model. 5year warranty!

The A8A model has larger powersupply than A3080 which was confirmed in the clip. Also they opted for larger capacitors similar as Marantz SR8015 uses. Denon X6700H still sticking with 15,000uF/73V caps. A30x0 uses 18,000uF.

What would be the purpose of DTS X Pro on an AVR that only can process 7.1.4?

Possibly the internal chipset of the platform can add anything but only some future version of A8A such as “A8B” would provide the necessary PRE-OUTs to do front wides or six overheads or both?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What would be the purpose of DTS X Pro on an AVR that only can process 7.1.4?

Possibly the internal chipset of the platform can add anything but only some future version of A8A such as “A8B” would provide the necessary PRE-OUTs to do front wides or six overheads or both?
Excellent point. Why would you need DTSX-PRO when your AVR only has 7.2.4 capability? :D

Now if the CX-A5300 were to have 16CH - 24CH outputs, then DTSX-PRO would be appropriate.

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
Trinnov has their base 16 processor. Cheapest one you can get at $17k. Comes with everything the more expensive ones have except the 16 CH has an i3 or i5 chip and the 24+CH versions have the i7 Intel processors. I believe. Don't quote me on it, but I thought that's what I read before. I did read that they are going to be putting all new DAC's in the system. And they are still developing the next HDMI 2.1 boards. Just this last year they upped their warranty to 10 years. Industry leading!

Regarding the 48 EXT. You have to own the Altitude 32 in order to have the extender. I would love to hear a 32CH and 48 Ch home theater.

I feel like Yamaha could easily make something like this. They have the resources to do it. Get more skin in the game and maybe prices might start to come down. That's a big maybe. :D
Ugh why did anyone have to mention Trinnov. :)

Now I want to get a home equity loan to buy one after reading all the cool things this can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Ugh why did anyone have to mention Trinnov. :)

Now I want to get a home equity loan to buy one after reading all the cool things this can do.

You definitely should! Totally worth it! $17k-$30k no big deal. Will be with you for the next 20+ years. :D

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
You definitely should! Totally worth it! $17k-$30k no big deal. Will be with you for the next 20+ years. :D
Yeah $17k plus all the speakers I need to add to make sure I take full advantage. Haven’t see. Many reviews on it did just two speakers yet.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah $17k plus all the speakers I need to add to make sure I take full advantage. Haven’t see. Many reviews on it did just two speakers yet.

What speakers you thinking? I would go either JTR 215’s or RBH SVTR towers. The Anniversary towers to be exact. For Amps I would use the RBH amps for their subs and then get 2-McIntosh mono 2.1kw amps. For cables you can grab some Kimber Cable. This would be an amazing 2-ch setup.

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
What speakers you thinking? I would go either JTR 215’s or RBH SVTR towers. The Anniversary towers to be exact. For Amps I would use the RBH amps for their subs and then get 2-McIntosh mono 2.1kw amps. For cables you can grab some Kimber Cable. This would be an amazing 2-ch setup.
Those new monster towers looked interesting reviewed here on AH. They look like they’d be in the proper price range.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Those new monster towers looked interesting reviewed here on AH. They look like they’d be in the proper price range.

Just get those SVRTS monsters as passive towers and save thousands of dollars. ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just get those SVRTS monsters as passive towers and save thousands of dollars. ;)
And use them as coffins when you die. Win win. :)

Do you have any idea if RBH is going to let the active speaker goodness trickle down to their lower tiers?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you have any idea if RBH is going to let the active speaker goodness trickle down to their lower tiers?
Which lower tiers? You mean the smaller 6100, 661, 61 speakers?

I think Shady reviewed the RBH PM-8 powered studio/bookshelf.

But other than the active bookshelf, I don't think RBH will make any other speakers active, except for the SV831R and SV1212R in the SVTRS system.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
This doesn’t need to be posted in every single Yamaha thread as if the British were coming.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis