Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I like the comparison to Lexus and Toyota. :D

Lexus: Yamaha RX-A series
Toyota: Yamaha RX-V series

I would always get Lexus. :D
Oh! So your gonna get the new RX-A8A! Than I got first dibs on your used Toyota RX-A3080!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Which would make the CX-A5300 the Porsche of the group. Better in every way! :D
That’s cool too. :cool:

But I think the CX-A5300 would be the Lexus LX-570 while the RX-A8A would be the Toyota Land Cruiser. :D

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
I feel like Yamaha designers are going to struggle to differentiate the next CX from the A8, as the A8 has adopted several features from the CX-A5200 (and the MX amp).

What do you guys think can they do to make it special besides the obvious stuff like a full set of balanced preouts?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I feel like Yamaha designers are going to struggle to differentiate the next CX from the A8, as the A8 has adopted several features from the CX-A5200 (and the MX amp).

What do you guys think can they do to make it special besides the obvious stuff like a full set of balanced preouts?
Only things I can think of include being an AVP (no amps) instead of “AVR” and having higher-end DAC’s. Doubtful, but they could also add Dirac Live.

None of these things would improve sound quality to me, but anyone of these may be enough for som people.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Make it 16 channels, include Dirac room correction, HDMI 2.1 (that works), DTS: X Pro, and to make everyone happy put the best Sabre DACs in. I'm sure there is more, but that's what I can think of right now.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Make it 16 channels, include Dirac room correction, HDMI 2.1 (that works), DTS: X Pro, and to make everyone happy put the best Sabre DACs in. I'm sure there is more, but that's what I can think of right now.
Yamaha is looking DTS:X Pro for the A8 in future probably as a firmware upgrade, nothing is certain though.
Auro 3D is ready in few weeks.

I think the Yamaha rep also said they can´t implement other eq system so i don´t see them backing off from in house YPAO as they can save there and put more money in to higher quality design as they have done with the new model. 5year warranty!

The A8A model has larger powersupply than A3080 which was confirmed in the clip. Also they opted for larger capacitors similar as Marantz SR8015 uses. Denon X6700H still sticking with 15,000uF/73V caps. A30x0 uses 18,000uF.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yamaha definitely beeped up the amp/amps. Something many have been saying for quite some time, where improvement was needed with AVR'S.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Yamaha definitely beeped up the amp/amps. Something many have been saying for quite some time, where improvement was needed with AVR'S.
I just hope for the sake of some forum soldiers that Yamaha has let the "protection" little bit looser when Gene does the ACD tests and if the new model pulls back power due to protection sensing something that it doesn`t usually do with real world program material, then there is again going to be big arguments how Yamaha is not powerfull enough blaa blaa. Gene made good point in the VPE event video about Yamaha poweramp showing bit of mediocre numbers on bench test, but it performed so good in he`s big cinema room.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t see Dirac EQ in the forecast either.

For AVR, I think 11Ch amps is maxed out. Good thing about the 5YR warranty because adding more amps inside the AVR will only increase heat.

For AVP, I can see 13CH and even 16CH because there are no amps inside, but they would need to remove older legacy I/O to make room for more #CH. I think what’s holding them back is the fact that the MX-A amp is 11CH. They could make another 5CH Amp or 8CH Amp, but they probably prefer to have just one amp.

But I also agree that they need a 16CH AVP just to keep up with everyone else. The heart wants what the heart wants. And the heart wants 16CH dammit. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I don’t see Dirac EQ in the forecast either.

For AVR, I think 11Ch amps is maxed out. Good thing about the 5YR warranty because adding more amps inside the AVR will only increase heat.

For AVP, I can see 13CH and even 16CH because there are no amps inside, but they would need to remove older legacy I/O to make room for more #CH. I think what’s holding them back is the fact that the MX-A amp is 11CH. They could make another 5CH Amp or 8CH Amp, but they probably prefer to have just one amp.

But I also agree that they need a 16CH AVP just to keep up with everyone else. The heart wants what the heart wants. And the heart wants 16CH dammit. :D
I think Yamaha needs to separate themselves more from the others. They should totally release a mono, 3, 5 and 7 channel amp that puts out 200w/8ohm each channel. For the Mono they could do something like 300w/8ohm.

16 channels should be standard for processors. I think they should add a 24 channel just to mix it up. Plenty of people out there would buy it. Just go hog wild with these next generation processors. People will buy them. They can still make the down to earth models which basically are their AVR's, but beef those processors up. Slap a $4k-$5K sticker on them and they will still sell like hotcakes.

If Pioneer and Onkyo's are going to start having Dirac Room EQ, Yamaha can definitely ditch the YPAO EQ. Jump on the Dirac train. Eventually it should become the standard Room EQ software on all AVR's and processors. Well, most all. Haha. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Was worth staying up till morning for what looks to be great products from Yamaha. Thanks Gene and Phil! Guys watch the clip.

A6A coming for Gene`s bench test soon. :)
I watch the whole video, If I remember right Phil mentioned that there is a shipment of the new AVR's (Yamaha) sitting on the West coast in shipment containers waiting to be unloaded. Believe he said cause so many shipment containers are backed up from not being unloaded. Plus sitting still at factories because of shipping container shortages. Anyone else catch that?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
W
I watch the whole video, If I remember right Phil mentioned that there is a shipment of the new AVR's (Yamaha) sitting on the West coast in shipment containers waiting to be unloaded. Believe he said cause so many shipment containers are backed up from not being unloaded. Plus sitting still at factories because of shipping container shortages. Anyone else catch that?
Watching that part right now....there is a lot of backup in the ports still tho. Repositioning containers has been a problem for a while....fwiw around the 36min mark

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Mikey wants his Yamaha. Really badly. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think Yamaha needs to separate themselves more from the others. They should totally release a mono, 3, 5 and 7 channel amp that puts out 200w/8ohm each channel. For the Mono they could do something like 300w/8ohm.

16 channels should be standard for processors. I think they should add a 24 channel just to mix it up. Plenty of people out there would buy it. Just go hog wild with these next generation processors. People will buy them. They can still make the down to earth models which basically are their AVR's, but beef those processors up. Slap a $4k-$5K sticker on them and they will still sell like hotcakes.

If Pioneer and Onkyo's are going to start having Dirac Room EQ, Yamaha can definitely ditch the YPAO EQ. Jump on the Dirac train. Eventually it should become the standard Room EQ software on all AVR's and processors. Well, most all. Haha. :D
Phil Shea did mention in his video that the new design chip is capable of 24 CH software. So they would have to match that with the hardware.

So maybe the CX-A5300 will have 16CH and possibly 24CH. :D

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Am I the only one that doesn't think YPAO is quite as bad people make it out to be. I had lots of Yamaha receivers before my Denon X3400H I have now and of course Audyssey is much better than YPAO. I thought YPAO did a good job of balancing everything out. Subs were a different story, not great but overall not a terrible system. Dirac would be interesting though. That would cost Yamaha quite a bit though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
From the video it seems they've paid a bit more attention to bass eq this time?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I guess the expression “nobody’s perfect“ will always be true.

You would think someone would be able to examine and study all the top AVR/AVP and build the perfect AVR/AVP series. But then that might bring it so close to perfection, which we are not allowed to have. :D

1. Would anyone object to having Dirac Live, even if they would not use it? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

2. Would anyone object to having 16CH pre-outs in their AVP, even if they only use 5.2.4? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

3. Would anyone object to being able to have subwoofer management in Pure Direct mode (like in Denon/Marantz)?

Or is the reason why there can never be a perfect AVR/AVP is because too many people want too many different things? :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I guess the expression “nobody’s perfect“ will always be true.

You would think someone would be able to examine and study all the top AVR/AVP and build the perfect AVR/AVP series. But then that might bring it so close to perfection, which we are not allowed to have. :D

1. Would anyone object to having Dirac Live, even if they would not use it? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

2. Would anyone object to having 16CH pre-outs in their AVP, even if they only use 5.2.4? Even if they had to pay an extra $200?

3. Would anyone object to being able to have subwoofer management in Pure Direct mode (like in Denon/Marantz)?

Or is the reason why there can never be a perfect AVR/AVP is because too many people want too many different things? :D
I like where you are going with this. :)

I'd love to see Anthem's big processors actually work, frankly. That would go a long way toward your post! :D I particularly like the +4 dedicated Subwoofer outputs... 19 channels gives almost everybody everything they want in a processor, just short of the Top Center/VOG channel (which, frankly, I think only a few very persnickety phools actually care about).

That said, my own personal dreamboat would be 13.4 channels (really 13.3, but I'll give those Welti folks their 4th :p ). Dirac with Bass Control module, would be preferred, but if Anthem or Audyssey could be tuned better, cool. (I'll need to see if the new YPAO is worth it's salt in the real world.) They would also be built with a smart Modular Design allowing for easy upgrades to internal component boards.
It would be clever to see an optional on-board amp for up to 6 channels, completely user assignable.

I agree that Pure Direct should include crossover to Subs. And the unit should allow the end user much more finite control over their channel selection and placement (not talking mappable-customized channel placement a la Trinnov, but say someone wants Fr Ht + Top Mid, they should be able to do that.)

This should be completely doable for $4-5K. :) Considering the HTP-1 and RMC-1 are at that price point... A company like SU or Yamaha should be able to deliver this in spades.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis