Yamaha ATS-1080 soundbar does not respond to IF Emitter

T

Thira

Audiophyte
Hi all. Thanks in advance.
I have an older Pioneer 60 inch plasma TV in my bedroom. I had been using previously an older Samsung soundbar, which has begun to go bad, randomly blasting us with loud bursts of sound.

I am using a Universal RF remote control MX-450 to turn on and off the TV and Soundbar. All worked fine with the exception of the intermittent loud noise from the Samsung Soundbar.

I am also using a Universal Remote Control MRF 260 to convert the RF remote MX 450 to IR via extenders to the TV and Soundbar, as they are in a closet.

I just replaced the Samsung Soundbar with a Yamaha ATS-1080 Soundbar. The TV and ATS -1080 Soundbar work fine. However I now need to control the Tv with the MX-450 remote and the ATS-1080 soundbar with its IR remote.
When I place the IR extender from the MRF 260 over the Soundbar IR sensor , I am unable to turn the Soundbar on or off, and doesn't respond to tha volume control.

The IR extender Emitter light flashes properly when using the MX-450, and the extender works properly with the old Samsung Soundbar. I did try to reverse or turn over the IR extender unsuccessfully with the same result.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis