Recommendations for Soundbar?

F

fansigain

Audiophyte
Looking for a soundbar that has dynamic range compression with good voice clarity. Tv is 65" LG oled C8 series. Budget is around 500-600... can go higher if needed.

Bought the Yamaha ATS-2090 from Costco and I hate it. Had to turn up volume to hear dialogue but then loud parts were too loud, and that's with clear voice on. Plus, the volume controls from my remote take forever to respond as it seems to go up/down by tiny increments.

Had the Yamaha YSP-1100 and it was awesome until my toddler poured juice on it!

F

fansigain

Audiophyte
Looking for a soundbar that has dynamic range compression with good voice clarity. Tv is 65" LG oled C8 series. Budget is around 500-600... can go higher if needed.

Bought the Yamaha ATS-2090 from Costco and I hate it. Had to turn up volume to hear dialogue but then loud parts were https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/ too loud, and that's with clear voice on. Plus, the volume controls from my remote take forever to respond as it seems to go up/down by tiny increments.

I got this,..

U

U Chitchamus

Audiophyte
Check out the Paradigm SoundScape it uses fiber optics for sound connection. Great sound quite flexible, it's not cheap but you get what you pay for when it comes to gear period

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’d just try out random brands at your price limit until you find something you like . Anything fancy is over $600+
If alll else fails get regular speakers , that’s what i use.

C

CharlesJones166

Audioholic Intern
If you're looking for a soundbar with dynamic range compression and good voice clarity, the Sonos Beam may be a good option for you. It offers clear and detailed dialogue, and has a "Speech Enhancement" feature to boost vocal frequencies. It also has a "Night Sound" mode which compresses the dynamic range, making it easier to hear soft sounds without the need to adjust the volume constantly. It is priced around $400.

Another option is the Vizio M-Series M512a-H6, which also has dynamic range compression and a "Dialogue Enhancement" feature. It is a bit more expensive than the Sonos Beam, priced around $500, but it also includes a wireless subwoofer for added bass. It also supports both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, providing a more immersive audio experience.

Both of these soundbars are highly rated and should meet your needs for dynamic range compression and good voice clarity.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If you're looking for a soundbar with dynamic range compression and good voice clarity, the Sonos Beam may be a good option for you. It offers clear and detailed dialogue, and has a "Speech Enhancement" feature to boost vocal frequencies. It also has a "Night Sound" mode which compresses the dynamic range, making it easier to hear soft sounds without the need to adjust the volume constantly. It is priced around $400.

Another option is the Vizio M-Series M512a-H6, which also has dynamic range compression and a "Dialogue Enhancement" feature. It is a bit more expensive than the Sonos Beam, priced around $500, but it also includes a wireless subwoofer for added bass. It also supports both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, providing a more immersive audio experience.

Both of these soundbars are highly rated and should meet your needs for dynamic range compression and good voice clarity.
if you can get an immersive experience from a sound bar "I'll eat my hat!"

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
if you can get an immersive experience from a sound bar "I'll eat my hat!"
Carefull. Some come with separate surround speakers like the Monoprice SB-600. :) Its far more immersive than any soundbar without separate surround speakers. I do agree with you. I'm just bringing to your attention that some come equipped with separate surrounds.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

Bought the Yamaha ATS-2090 from Costco and I hate it. Had to turn up volume to hear dialogue but then loud parts were too loud, and that's with clear voice on. Plus, the volume controls from my remote take forever to respond as it seems to go up/down by tiny increments.

How big is the room you are going to put it in? If the room is on the large side, a sound bar most likely fail. I bought this and use it in my 31 foot travel trailer in the spring/summer months and it in the 3rd bedroom during the fall/winter months.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=42034

It has 3 different EQ settings but it has no dynamic compression. You can adjust the bass and treble separately on this bar. It works rather well and I have no difficulty with speech intelligibility.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic

Agree with the feedback on the Sonos Beam (Gen 2). Have in the TV room. Got the mini sub to pair with it for both TV/movies and for streaming music. Amazing how good it sounds. Blows away the Samsung bar that came with the 65 TV that was highly rated but poor for streaming music. The app is easy to use with my iPhone and iPad and has room calibration called Truesound that requires iOS. Bought the Beam on sale for 449. Usually 499. Liked it so much bought one for the bedroom. Had a package discount at Best Buy for both the Beam and mini sub. If you want a larger version for a bigger room Sonos has the Arc which can pair with a bigger sub. Of course they cost more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis