mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I can't believe what they look like for the price. Awesome :D

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
They look nice but will they come in any color other than black?

That center is going to be way too large for the shelf it will have to sit on in my system.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
They come in a few different finishes. Some of them look really nice. I have my eye on those MTMs when I find a place to fit them.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Those do look nice...I did want an excuse to have a system in the bedroom...to bad the girl would probably kill me.

Matt34

Matt34

That center is going to be way too large for the shelf it will have to sit on in my system.

It's hard to keep track but they offer 4-5 different veneers either in satin or diamond finish.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
So....I wonder how these compare to the X-LS. Has anyone heard them? Mark S....did you get an opportunity to review the MTM as well? A report would be welcome.....

Matt34

Matt34

So....I wonder how these compare to the X-LS. Has anyone heard them? Mark S....did you get an opportunity to review the MTM as well? A report would be welcome.....
I think the MTM would be more comparable to the X-CS as they are both a sealed design.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I am drooling a lake here.:D Those speakers look incredible for the price and if they sound half as good as they look they are the best value ever!:eek:

I need to get a better job.:(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are also supposed to be some grille options, so you can choose from a traditional one that covers the whole front, or the "snowman" ones as they are referred to. They look pretty plain in black to me, the other finishes look great, particularly the diamond rosa Mascarrey and Palisander.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well, dang people. They do look nice for satin finished black boxes. I would really like to know what they sound like. :cool: Anyone?

E

EnzoPolotso

Audioholic Intern
I put in my order for a full set of X speakers a couple days ago. A pair of the big *** MTMs, a CS center, and LS surrounds, in maple though.
Here's a pic of the maple someone else from AVS posted at some point, hope they don't mind.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
I think the MTM would be more comparable to the X-CS as they are both a sealed design.
Actually, the X-MTM is not a sealed design, but, is ported at the rear. The X-CS is sealed. The drivers in both are identical though.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
AV123 Expanding Product Line

here are some pictures of the new av123 floors.
When I read the first line of your post I thought that AV123 might be producing a hardwood flooring product in their new Cali factory. It wouldn't be that suprising.

S

Sean Parque

Junior Audioholic
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me posting here. Just wanted to let everyone know why we don't have photos of our new speakers on our own site...

(going to copy/paste from a post I made to the AV123 forum since someone asked)

We simply don't have the products here to photograph. All incoming x-series items have been delivered to customers - shipped directly from the airport in Miami where they land. I have not even seen the new finishes in person as we are more concerned with filling all the backorders and making our current customers happy.

Once we fill all the backorders, we will get some speakers delivered to AV123 and then they can be photographed.

I also don't believe in photographing something that did not come from a production run for the main site... We don't post photos of prototypes on the main site... they are always speakers from a regular run...

Sorry for the wait but we think this the right thing to do.

Sean

here are some pictures of the new av123 floors. I checked their web site the other day and none where posted!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=845523

PS: I hope this is allowed:eek:!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mascarey Rosa Diamond. In the first pic, that is one diamond and one satin. None of the new finishes are listed yet, they are still in production, thus they haven't put them up on the site quite yet. This is my favorite of the new finishes.

Last edited:
S

Sean Parque

Junior Audioholic
Here is a list of current finishes:

Sycamore Natural Satin (think light maple)
Satin Black
Palisander Natural Satin (think Rosewood without its traditional stain. Shades of brown, honey and black)
Palisander Rosa Satin (Rosewood with a reddish stain. Most closely matches the Rosewood used on the Rockets)

Available very soon:

Diamond = high gloss clear coat

Sycamore Natural Diamond
Palisander Natrual Diamond
Palisander Rosa Diamond

Sean

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Mascarey Rosa Diamond. In the first pic, that is one diamond and one satin. None of the new finishes are listed yet, they are still in production, thus they haven't put them up on the site quite yet. This is my favorite of the new finishes.
Hi j_,

The Mascarey finnishes have been discontinued. (I belive it's from not having a consistant renewable sorce.)

SBF1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis