B

BabelFish

Full Audioholic
Yeah well.. what do you know.. your just your average Joe Schmoe :)

What models would those compete with in other brand names? (Paradigm, BA) etc.. Just curious..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
To me they were better than the Paradigm Monitor line personally. For about the same price, the Paradigm Atroms don't stand a chance against the X-LS. I wouldn't even be discussing them if they didn't sound good too :) Not perfect (nothing is), but darn good for the price. Here is my review of the X-LS.

The Mascarey finnishes have been discontinued. (I belive it's from not having a consistant renewable sorce.)
I thought I had read that, which sucks, but....here's palisander finish:

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
JG,

Please dont confuse Babel anymore; it is hard enough to get him to go buy anything as it is...

To me they were better than the Paradigm Monitor line personally. For about the same price, the Paradigm Atroms don't stand a chance against the X-LS. I wouldn't even be discussing them if they didn't sound good too :) Not perfect (nothing is), but darn good for the price. Here is my review of the X-LS.

I thought I had read that, which sucks, but....here's palisander finish:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
JG,

Please dont confuse Babel anymore; it is hard enough to get him to go buy anything as it is...
I was like that when I started ... and still am ... he'll get there. I started almost two years ago.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Lol

You think that's bad? It tool MajorLoser 7 years to graduate college. Here he is in 1989 still a sophomore. LMAO

and here I thought he was much taller! I guess he won't have you over again, anytime soon:p:D.

C

crazyd1415

Enthusiast
how do these compare to the axiom bookshelf speakers sound wise?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Mascarey Rosa Diamond. In the first pic, that is one diamond and one satin. None of the new finishes are listed yet, they are still in production, thus they haven't put them up on the site quite yet. This is my favorite of the new finishes.

Wow, that's stunning!:eek: Even nicer than my old Onix Ref-1's in Rosewood.

D

DefaultName

Audiophyte
Dang! That's looks totally cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does the dog come included, or is that an add-on option?
I believe that is infact one of AV123's latest woofer designs. Its supposed to be somewhat WAF approved because it hides what it really is. Its said to be a dual driver 8 inch ported design with ports in the front and rear, in a folded transmission line configuration. ;) :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis