Worst thing you seen for sale ? Av

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Here’s my recent one sad people try and sell junk for high prices but that’s sales for you.
And what are some common sold stuff that look good but are junk any tips for a beginner like me ???
White vans ? Look alike , fake high end speaker alike bic America ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
These might be the worst speakers I've ever seen someone sell.

View attachment 32446
View attachment 32447
View attachment 32448
The good old stagger the driver setup!

Beautiful tape job.

I mean that adds to the overall SQ.

Tape is for when the driver is woofing a bit too much.... it takes the edge off over excursion to prevent headaches to your dog.

The good news about the tape, simply add or remove to change the psycho-acoustic phenomenon.

Also one should try black electrical tape for high frequency control and scotch tape for better mid bass response.

At all costs stay away from thread tape as there is no adhesive backing. It falls to the floor and can look a little messy when guests are over!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I know there terrible , need new drivers then may be usefully for basement speakers .
Sturdy enough to be refitted as duel 12” subs or something .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I know there terrible , need new drivers then may be usefully for basement speakers .
Sturdy enough to be refitted as duel 12” subs or something .

No, they're not. Absolute garbage with no redeeming qualities. Shoulda drove them straight to a recycling center.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
No, they're not. Absolute garbage with no redeeming qualities. Shoulda drove them straight to a recycling center.
I’d put them in my recycling truck for my weight incentive but somehow would have a difficult time explaining to the loader why I’m dumping speakers in the warehouse :p

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’d put them in my recycling truck for my weight incentive but somehow would have a difficult time explaining to the loader why I’m dumping speakers in the warehouse :p
The answer is simple coffee table , speaker stand . Or feed them to the reptile alien toads , goats and monads .
Wrap them in a plastic see through bag leave them in back yard until there abducted by reptilians.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
The answer is simple coffee table , speaker stand . Or feed them to the reptile alien toads , goats and monads .
Wrap them in a plastic see through bag leave them in back yard until there abducted by reptilians.

Really they are just Rustic! If I built a haunted house those speakers would fit in perfectlyo_O

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Really they are just Rustic! If I built a haunted house those speakers would fit in perfectlyo_O
Tweeters and mids shot the bass actually goes low like 30 hertz .

I’d not mind using them as bass modules but replacement of drivers really not worth the cost imo ....

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Tweeters and mids shot the bass actually goes low like 30 hertz .

Hell seeing the shape they’re in should definitely help with diffraction ;)

Keep those grills off they’re a work of art! Or maybe the grills are missing which makes sense because true audiophiles like to see their speaker drivers:p

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't know what makes my eye twitch more... the right speaker placed upside down, or that HULK SMASH thing in the middle.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think the worst things I ever see are people who get scammed by white-van sellers, realize they got took, then try to sell the plastic garbage on Craigslist using the same lies they were conned with.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
I would put 'audiophile grounding boxes' near the top of the list.
Much higher than White Van speakers.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hey, at least the dueling woofers aren’t glued to the trim and baffle.
Question is would you buy those pioneers haha ??
Yeah probably nothing worse then those mysterious speakers
Bet the dead horse ? Double your money

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Question is would you buy those pioneers haha ??
Yeah probably nothing worse then those mysterious speakers
Bet the dead horse ? Double your money

Depends. How much are they? I would think they would be pretty ok. I’m guessing they’re from the mid 80’s with that super accurate FR sticker on the front. Lol
They look better than some other stuff you put up. The link brings me to the App Store, not a sale. Can’t see how much...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Depends. How much are they? I would think they would be pretty ok. I’m guessing they’re from the mid 80’s with that super accurate FR sticker on the front. Lol
They look better than some other stuff you put up. The link brings me to the App Store, not a sale. Can’t see how much...
Why were dlp so fat? Wonder if a thinnlcd size projector tv was possible .
Wtf happened to the laser tv ?
Add said $105 , if I just bought cheap replacement mids and tweeters those big ugly speakers would make basement speakers . So who cares if they get damaged or destroyed haha

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis