Worst Movie Ever Made?

Z

ZapVegas

Audiophyte
Worst movie ever?

WoW! How do you choose 1 movie as THE worst ever? I'm gonna have to go with "Napolean Dynamite". I can't stand even HEARING about that one. I've tried to make it through 3 times and never been able to finish it. What a waste of film.

Last edited by a moderator:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
WoW! How do you choose 1 movie as THE worst ever? I'm gonna have to go with "Napolean Dynamite". I can't stand even HEARING about that one. I've tried to make it through 3 times and never been able to finish it. What a waste of film.
Did you ever wonder to your self: "What movie in existence could possibly make Napoleon Dynamite seem like a pretty good flick?"

If the answer is yes, you did ask such a question at one time, then my friend, you need to [attempt] watch Troll 2. :D

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
R

renegade87

Junior Audioholic
Remember the 80's and early 90's?

How about a few from the 80's (I didn't read all 25 or whatever pages in this thread, so bear with me). The 80's and early 90's had some exceptionally bad movies including(but certainly not limted to):

1) Howard the Duck (with "what's her name"?)
2) Johnny Dangerously (with Joe Piscopo)
3) Anything with "The Coreys" (Feldman & Haim)
4) Ed Wood (Johnny Depp... why did they make this film? Why not just give us the $?)
5) Cry Baby (another Johnny Depp classic from the 90's with a woman so ugly they named the character "Hatchet Face":eek:

Sorry, I have to go throw "Saving Private Ryan" or "The Departed" (probably my two favorites of all time) into the DVD player before I puke!

P.S. I did not actually sit through the entire length of all of these horrible movies!

R

renegade87

Junior Audioholic
How about a Leprechaun/Basket Case double feature? :eek: I guess if you wanna list stuff like Plan 9 From Outer Space, Mania Cop, etc etc there's some that are maybe 65% as bad as NBK. ;)
The 1st mention in this thread of "Plan 9 From Outer Space" a true classic in the all time lists of horrible films!

How about (and I'm going back a ways here) "Surf Nazi's Must Die"? Another oldie that merits consideration on the all time list (I must be... old:eek:)

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
4) Ed Wood (Johnny Depp... why did they make this film? Why not just give us the $?)
5) Cry Baby (another Johnny Depp classic from the 90's with a woman so ugly they named the character "Hatchet Face":eek:
I have to disagree with these.
Certainly with the Coreys.
As some are very good movies (albeit, they were not the main character), but Lost Boys was very good, IMO.
And certainly would not come in as one of the worst movies.
The Lost Boys - http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093437/

other from them that were ok,
Dream a Little Dream
The Goonies
Gremlins
etc...

As far as Ed Wood, I can see where people may not get that movie.
I thought it was alright, and certainly wood not claim it as a worse movie ever made.
Specially considering, you would be in the minority on that, as it is considered 1 of the top 250 movies.
And who doesn't like S J Parker???
Ed Wood - http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0109707/

The only thing good I can say about Cry Baby, is Traci Lords (granted, she can't act)
Cry Baby - http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0099329/

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
Yeah I know a LOT of people that liked that particular movie. ;)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Hey, I LIKED Johnny Dangerously. Sure it was campy but it was done with a wink and was damn funny.

Jim

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I thought Super Troopers was pretty bad.

Also I walked out during the first 15 minutes of the X-Men movie, (the 1st one)
I know there are more, these came to mind right away.

R

renegade87

Junior Audioholic
Ok, I forgot about the Lost Boys. Mostly because Jason Patrick and Keifer Sutherland had the lead roles. It wasn't a bad movie... but let's not nominate "the Coreys" for lifetime achievement awards just yet.

As far as Cry Baby goes, yes Tracey Lords is hot!! But the "Hatchet Face" character cancels her out unfortunately.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
How about a few from the 80's (I didn't read all 25 or whatever pages in this thread, so bear with me). The 80's and early 90's had some exceptionally bad movies including(but certainly not limted to):

1) Howard the Duck (with "what's her name"?)
2) Johnny Dangerously (with Joe Piscopo)
Travesty!!! Ed Wood? A great movie about the most enjoyable worst movie ever made? I loved that one. Especially since it was pretty true the the characters is portrayed and did a great send up of the "worst movie ever". My definition of a worst movie is the one that you can't remember, no matter how many times you see if. Therefore, films like Plan 9 can't be worst because they are so memorable and Ed Wood did just the right job of satire.

and, Cry Baby... from John Waters. It helps to live in Baltimore to understand why JW does us so well but again, the events in Cry Baby (the drapes vs the squares, Turkey Point rednecks, Greenspring Valley bluebloods, etc) were portrayed only slightly warped in this film. I don't think this was Waters best, which was Pink Flamingos, but worst? Never.

F

Fred333

Junior Audioholic
Anything that John Waters does is gold. Cry baby is my favorite.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Nobody has mentioned Waterworld?:eek: (That one gets bonus points for throwing away one of the biggest budgets around.)

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Nobody has mentioned Waterworld?:eek: (That one gets bonus points for throwing away one of the biggest budgets around.)
No way it’s a cool film with a cool dts mix when I saw this presented first day at UCI screen 5 back in 1995 I was trilled from start to end right to the very last screen credit the score music was fantastic.

SMOKERS!:eek::D

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
There is NO way I would put Waterworld as "Worst Movie Ever Made"
Not even close.
Granted, it is not a movie I would purposefuly watch again.
But I would have no problems, being at someone elses house that had it on.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anybody remember Heaven's Gate? Super expensive bomb of a western, so unpopular that it became a euphemism for a failed project. It meets my criteria for a really bad movie because I sat through it and can't remember a thing.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
It meets my criteria for a really bad movie because I sat through it and can't remember a thing.
Nope never saw the movie.
Just wanted to point out, that IMO, that is not how I critique a bad movie.

I would say the way you explained it as a boringly bad movie. (that obviously, did not stick out in your mind as REALLY BAD)

I have seen tons of OK movies (and even boring movies) that I can't remember a thing about.
It is the 1 single movie that sticks in my mind as SO BAD, that it would stick in my mind as WORST movie. (and for me NEVER to watch again)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
There is NO way I would put Waterworld as "Worst Movie Ever Made"
Not even close.
Granted, it is not a movie I would purposefuly watch again.
But I would have no problems, being at someone elses house that had it on.
Many of the bad movies listed so far were never intended as more than light entertainment. What makes Waterworld stand out is that it aspired to greatness and failed miserably.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis