Woke culture: you can't have anything nice or have any fun

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Woke/cancel culture isn't a real issue. It's a saying more than a significant part of the population. And if it is it doesn't last long because the young wise up.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Woke/cancel culture isn't a real issue. It's a saying more than a significant part of the population. And if it is it doesn't last long because the young wise up.
This is why I find Fox & Friends to be so bad. They'll say, Woke is taking over our schools, without giving you specific examples. Then the woman says, Someone told me they didn't ask for her ID when she voted. Like "1" example. Like no live interview examples of voters coming out of the building. Could be happening, but they sure as hell are not doing much to convince me.

In general I think news is subpar, but then add in they don't have a background in journalism and it becomes amateurish.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This is why I find Fox & Friends to be so bad. They'll say, Woke is taking over our schools, without giving you specific examples. Then the woman says, Someone told me they didn't ask for her ID when she voted. Like "1" example. Like no live interview examples of voters coming out of the building. Could be happening, but they sure as hell are not doing much to convince me.

In general I think news is subpar, but then add in they don't have a background in journalism and it becomes amateurish.
Filling the fearful with fear, they do that well.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
People have the right to get offended at whatever they want.

I have the right to not give a sh!t that they're offended.

Free speech, bitches. :)

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
This is getting out of hand these people are a wet towel on everything.

Sara Stewart from a cnn op ed:

"People magazine recently announced this year’s Sexiest Man Alive, which makes it a great time to ask: Can we get rid of the whole tradition of People’s Sexiest Man Alive?

The annual cover is a lightweight honorific that worked its way into the public consciousness as way more legitimate than it actually is. Kind of like winning a Golden Globe.

Think about the inherent ridiculousness of declaring anyone the sexiest person alive. Sexiness, by its very nature, is subjective. So it’s a winky joke that People offers up its own tastes as if they are everyone’s. And by making their subject male, they’re tacitly saying: See, we’re not objectifying women, we’re so evolved. Men can be objects of lust too! Maybe that was (arguably) a subversive statement in the 1980s, when Playboy, Penthouse and other magazines imposed a misogynist ideal of sexiness at the newsstands. But now? Not so much. "

Just want to give you the middle finger Sara.
Translation: "I want my sexy man!!!"
:D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Is that to say that anyone who wants free speech is a b!tch? ;)
Or did you miss a comma, as in “ grammar, b!tches.”
:p

:)
Not at all! This is a salutation as opposed to the “free speech snowflakes” that ban books in schools because their offsprings has such fragile and impressionable minds. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is getting out of hand these people are a wet towel on everything.

Sara Stewart from a cnn op ed:

"People magazine recently announced this year’s Sexiest Man Alive, which makes it a great time to ask: Can we get rid of the whole tradition of People’s Sexiest Man Alive?

The annual cover is a lightweight honorific that worked its way into the public consciousness as way more legitimate than it actually is. Kind of like winning a Golden Globe.

Think about the inherent ridiculousness of declaring anyone the sexiest person alive. Sexiness, by its very nature, is subjective. So it’s a winky joke that People offers up its own tastes as if they are everyone’s. And by making their subject male, they’re tacitly saying: See, we’re not objectifying women, we’re so evolved. Men can be objects of lust too! Maybe that was (arguably) a subversive statement in the 1980s, when Playboy, Penthouse and other magazines imposed a misogynist ideal of sexiness at the newsstands. But now? Not so much. "

Just want to give you the middle finger Sara.
She will never be on anyone's sexiest anything list, therefore she must attack it. Also would seem they are short on things to talk about if they are looking at useless stuff to attack.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I didn't mind "woke" as it was initially applied to the greater understanding of systemic racism and how laws are employed unequally based on the color of a person's skin.

The much more widely used, current application of "woke" to all things PC... SMDH. I can't tell if it was a conservative movement to rebrand it from the original BLM usage and thus poison it or if it was a media choice...

Either is unfortunate.

I had caught up on the entire Dave Chapel specials running on Netflix after seeing him live back in July. The story he tells throughout those specials (which continued in the show I saw) routinely comes back to how "brittle" many people have become in terms of being insulted by every little thing; that nobody can take a joke anymore.
Certain things I can understand, but it truly has gone too far. The proof is in the pudding, which is to say that "wokeness" is now a cudgel used by anybody that disagrees with somebody (anybody) else' "too-polite" sensitivities. Dawg forbid that enough cultural upswell burgeons behind said sensitivity to something resulting in... *gulps loudly ...somebody or something getting "cancelled!"
:eek:

All I can say is I got a pocket-and-a-half full of "FCUK-OFFS" to hand out to each and every Mother Fcuker out there that pulls up and starts whining on either side of the fence!

YARN | truck you, truck you and truck you! Who's next? | Coming to America |  Video gifs by quotes | 786e136a | 紗's next? | Coming to America |  Video gifs by quotes | 786e136a | 紗

:D
The barber shop scenes from Coming To America are some of my favorites.

"Taste the soup"

highfigh

highfigh

Chappell is right. People are Fukkin pussies nowadays!!!
My friend who is an electrician foreman just told me a couple weeks ago that he had to attend classes to learn how to speak the the new kids coming out of school. Apparently there are newbs on the job site crying because they can’t take any criticism about there work.
If i offended you, you needed it-Corey Taylor.
I don't know if you have heard of it, but a website called 'NextDoor' is for neighbors to post things that might interest or concern the others in their area. I was blocked for two weeks because I wrote a comment to someone saying they're full of crap. That site is like a helicopter parent who constantly tells kids to "be kind" (they literally show a window with this message when someone posts something and people would need a hug afterward). I was banned for a month because I criticized this practice- they don't allow any criticism of the site's practices.

I hope I made someone cry.

Personally, I think criticism should be used as a way to see where someone might improve. I don't mean that someone needs to be a d!ck about it, though. People need to develop a thicker skin- it's to the point where they act as if their skin was removed and all that's left is bare flesh. Every little thing makes them quiver and cry. I can't imagine how these babies would react if they were living in the period from 1900-1975.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One thing to note is that all the babies everyone complains about are that way because of their parents.

Then that generation of parents call their children's generation babies without having the self awareness of being 100% to blame for them being babies.

highfigh

highfigh

One thing to note is that all the babies everyone complains about are that way because of their parents.

Then that generation of parents call their children's generation babies without having the self awareness of being 100% to blame for them being babies.
FWIW- I don't have kids but I remember that saying we were taught about sticks and stones and being told to "stop crying over spilled milk".

I think a lot of what we were told came from our parents having lived through the Depression, WWII, Korean War and other adversity. While the US hasn't had a single generation without a war, the last 50-60 years has seen more people who didn't have to deal with much that would be considered 'bad times' because their families have become upper middle class or even wealthy in this period. With people raising their kids by handing them money and saying "Have a good time" & never really doing much to make them understand that life can be difficult, the first reaction to hardship can include crying, whining, going fetal, etc.

I'm not in favor of physical punishment, but telling a bad kid to take a time out really doesn't teach anything about the consequences for bad behavior.

highfigh

highfigh

And here's an example of someone who should never have been allowed to teach- how many kids are angry and messed up because of what he has said to them?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW- I don't have kids but I remember that saying we were taught about sticks and stones and being told to "stop crying over spilled milk".

I think a lot of what we were told came from our parents having lived through the Depression, WWII, Korean War and other adversity. While the US hasn't had a single generation without a war, the last 50-60 years has seen more people who didn't have to deal with much that would be considered 'bad times' because their families have become upper middle class or even wealthy in this period. With people raising their kids by handing them money and saying "Have a good time" & never really doing much to make them understand that life can be difficult, the first reaction to hardship can include crying, whining, going fetal, etc.

I'm not in favor of physical punishment, but telling a bad kid to take a time out really doesn't teach anything about the consequences for bad behavior.
Spanking my kids just pissed them off. Time outs worked wonderfully. I don't even have to do it anymore they hate them so much.

highfigh

highfigh

Spanking my kids just pissed them off. Time outs worked wonderfully. I don't even have to do it anymore they hate them so much.
Kids changeover time- when I was a kid, we hated spanking, too and sometimes, we were told to stand in the corner, but it wasn't called a 'timeout'. In a lot of cases, I think the kids just thought "Got out of doing my chores- fooled them again". Most were smart enough to realize that if they had chores, they WERE gonna be doing chores- they seem to have forgotten about the concept of 'later'.

Your kids must have picked up on the 'knock it off' idea sooner than some- I knew kids who could almost be considered 'feral'.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Kids changeover time- when I was a kid, we hated spanking, too and sometimes, we were told to stand in the corner, but it wasn't called a 'timeout'. In a lot of cases, I think the kids just thought "Got out of doing my chores- fooled them again". Most were smart enough to realize that if they had chores, they WERE gonna be doing chores- they seem to have forgotten about the concept of 'later'.

Your kids must have picked up on the 'knock it off' idea sooner than some- I knew kids who could almost be considered 'feral'.
Oh yeah. 100% depends on the kid.

We stood in the corner too. Same thing as a time out. That sucked.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And here's an example of someone who should never have been allowed to teach- how many kids are angry and messed up because of what he has said to them?

Yes, of course but was this behavior known before or just now that video is everywhere.
If it was known and still was allowed to teach, well, the upper ranks need to be thinned as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis