Windows 10/Google Chrome question?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I apologize because this isn't a home theater question but I have no idea where to ask this. Last week my HP laptop did a Windows 10 update and ever since whenever I open my laptop up I am signed out of Google Chrome and more pissed off and annoyed I cannot be. When i open Chrome and it says "PAUSED" and I want to put my hand right through the screen of this laptop. Then i have to go and re sign in to every dam website. Any ideas on why and how to fix this? Again apologies this is not a HT question.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No idea but I don't use Chrome...prefer Firefox. No issues.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Did you try to search for the answer? It's hard to be sure based on what your description. This came up in a quick search. It looks like a know issue.

The other problem could be an outdated version of an antivirus program. If you're using one? I had an issue with Chrome, though it sounds different than yours, and an old version of Symantec that my office gives us.

I use Firefox and Edge. I'm actually starting to warm up to Edge. However, Chrome still works.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Did you try to search for the answer? It's hard to be sure based on what your description. This came up in a quick search. It looks like a know issue.

The other problem could be an outdated version of an antivirus program. If you're using one? I had an issue with Chrome, though it sounds different than yours, and an old version of Symantec that my office gives us.

I use Firefox and Edge. I'm actually starting to warm up to Edge. However, Chrome still works.
Yeah I saw this but that is not the issue, no outdated antivirus program. I found a forum question with the same issue but no solution. Thanks for the help, this is annoying. I can't take it anymore.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Yeah I saw this but that is not the issue, no outdated antivirus program. I found a forum question with the same issue but no solution. Thanks for the help, this is annoying. I can't take it anymore.
To be clear, my antivirus software was up to date with all the latest definitions and worked properly. I would not have known anything was wrong until I did an exhaustive search of the problem I was seeing.

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
I don't use Chrome either but in the settings under Sync and Google Services there is an option to turn of Chrome Sign In which may be related to the issue.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
2 other fixes I saw would be
or

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I honestly can't take this much longer! I just fucking can't! I'm so pissed off and disgusted. These little asshole engineers design these updates to truck things up. Ever since that god dam Windows update this has been the issue. Can you chat with Google/Google chrome?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What particular advantages does using Chrome provide otherwise, tho?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What particular advantages does using Chrome provide otherwise, tho?
I'm a Google so I might be a bad person to ask. I just think it works extremely fast. Very easy to use.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I tend to use both Chrome and Firefox, and I find no significant differences.

I avoid IE and MSEdge like the plague! Just use that to download Chrome and Firefox.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I avoid IE and MSEdge like the plague! Just use that to download Chrome and Firefox.
Same here. I'm pretty deep in the Google world so I simply use Chrome because it syncs everything across all my devices.

Firefox does the same, but I usually use it as a secondary browser for work stuff.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Same here. I'm pretty deep in the Google world so I simply use Chrome because it syncs everything across all my devices.

Firefox does the same, but I usually use it as a secondary browser for work stuff.
Yeah, google synchs a lot of my stuff too. I don't use all of those features....dunno, I am a bit skeptical of the all-seeing google......just hate to put all my eggs in one basket.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, google synchs a lot of my stuff too. I don't use all of those features....dunno, I am a bit skeptical of the all-seeing google......just hate to put all my eggs in one basket.
I don't have ALL my eggs in that basket. I use the things I like, but I don't give them ALL my info, but enough that they at least know what I like to read online.

surfacetension

surfacetension

Audioholic Intern

Well no one should be using IE anymore, it's been deprecated and abandoned for a while now. Your take on Edge is outdated too however, it's been completely re-built as a chromium-based browser and is every bit on par with other chromium browsers and Firefox.

Firefox used to suck for years too but was also enormously improved with Quantum; judging Edge to be bad now is as outdated and inaccurate as judging Firefox to still be bad even after Quantum.

Chrome really is the worst browser right now now in my opinion, I abandoned it years ago and have been happy with Brave and Firefox as my secondary browser.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis