Will Star Trek Discovery Get Cancelled?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Cool. Thanks for sharing. So it looks like adding the subscription is no fuss no muss by going through Amazon. So if I understand this correctly, by going that route we don't have to create a new account, give another company our CC info, etc.? It's all handled directly through Amazon? That sounds doable.

Extra plus that you're actually seeing real 5.1. Been hesitant to buy the Blu-Rays since I don't know how much I'll like the show, but if I can do it through Amazon (and at higher quality to boot),then I'm willing to give it a shot now.
The Amazon Prime Video Channels include:
- Full 5.1 sound
- No new registration
- Charges you existing account
- Centralized management which make cancellation easy.

I also use Amazon for HBO.
The real test comes next month when we try to stream Game of Thrones.

- Rich

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
- Full 5.1 sound
- No new registration

- Rich
Cant wait just purchased a Toshiba smart TV with both Amazon and HBO available for streaming. Id like to cut the cord with cable eventually so I will look forward to your reviews.

RichB

RichB

^ I use the Apple TV 4K. It's a great streamer.
The LG apps are good but when I used the on-screen pointer, and the cat did a faceplant against the TC trying to catch it :)

- Rich

Last edited:
Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Yeah, let us know! I've used HBO's native apps before and have always been fairly pleased with the overall quality, although their Blu-Ray releases have been better of course, especially with the inclusion of Dolby Atmos. The Battle of the Blackwater is pretty epic with that!

Curious if there will be any perceivable difference in quality between the Amazon and HBO apps.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
Early Next Generation was silly but I stuck with it out of loyalty and hope.
Yes, but the difference between early ST:TNG and ST: Discovery is that ST:TNG had the proper "spirit" of Star Trek (it just took them awhile to get "in the groove"). At least we have The Expanse...possibly the best Sci-Fi ever seen on TV (soon to be streaming) with the exception of Babylon 5 (and my beloved ST:TNG).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw ST DISC S02E10 (The Red Angel). I enjoyed the heck out of this episode - possibly more than any ST movie or episode I’ve seen. :D

Might be better than any Marvel movie I’ve seen.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I just saw ST DISC S02E10 (The Red Angel). I enjoyed the heck out of this episode - possibly more than any ST movie or episode I’ve seen. :D

Might be better than any Marvel movie I’ve seen.
Did Michael Burnham die yet?? Fingers crossed ;)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
- Full 5.1 sound
- No new registration

- Rich
Yes I'm thinking of using my amazon prime account for HBO also the main reason being GOT. It's also $5 cheaper on prime than with my ATT Uverse account. I'll have to decide pretty soon I guess. Oh and I also have something called IMDB freedive available no charge with Prime. Looks to have some interesting stuff no charge. Anyone using a Prime account to stream ESPN?

Last edited:
RichB

RichB

The funny thing is, she did actually die in this episode. :D
The writers have no problem resurrecting Hugh from a teardrop with full genetic memory.
At least Leeloo had the genetic meteriial.

The decision to include the original footage from The Menagerie was odd. I get the tribute but it makes it difficult to suspend disbelief.

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The writers have no problem resurrecting Hugh from a teardrop with full genetic memory.
At least Leeloo had the genetic meteriial.

The decision to include the original footage from The Menagerie was odd. I get the tribute but it makes it difficult to suspend disbelief.

- Rich
Yeah, I left all expectations of realism at the door before watching these shows. :D

Anything goes. :D

I'm enjoying it. I think S02 is actually a lot better than S01. And I already liked S01 a lot. I do hate the way the Klingons look. Maybe they will somehow improve on the looks for S03. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The funny thing is, she did actually die in this episode. :D
Too bad it wasn't permanent. S2E10 was among the worst episodes of the series. Between Burnham's fake crocodile tears AND again assaulting a Starfleet officer consequence free, to the unnecessary gay/pansexual scene, forced drama, bad plot, ugggh this show really sucks so much ass.

RichB

RichB

^ I had to fast forward the funeral.
Have their writers researched DNA. It was a match for Burnham not her mother. Argh.

- Rich

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
^ I had to fast forward the funeral.
Have their writers researched DNA. It was a match for Burnham not her mother. Argh.

- Rich
The writers don't research anything on the show. The stories are always inconsistent and usually just poorly done. The drama is so overblown that I feel like I'm watching The CW most of the time. The visuals are occasionally good and Pike is brilliant when he isn't being cucked by Burnham or the Admiral.

O

Ovation

Enthusiast
Too bad it wasn't permanent. S2E10 was among the worst episodes of the series. Between Burnham's fake crocodile tears AND again assaulting a Starfleet officer consequence free, to the unnecessary gay/pansexual scene, forced drama, bad plot, ugggh this show really sucks so much ass.
So why keep watching it? Seriously? It’s not like there’s a shortage of material to watch instead. Plus, it isn’t going to ever become something you like.

I truly cannot comprehend why anyone would keep watching something they clearly hate—life is much too short. If a TV show hasn’t grabbed me three episodes in, I’m done.

RichB

RichB

So why keep watching it? Seriously? It’s not like there’s a shortage of material to watch instead. Plus, it isn’t going to ever become something you like.

I truly cannot comprehend why anyone would keep watching something they clearly hate—life is much too short. If a TV show hasn’t grabbed me three episodes in, I’m done.
We are nurturing. :p

- Rich

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
I’m shocked at how few characters they have really introduced us to. It feels like the supporting cast are simply decorative and what the hell with the spore drive... seriously did they not get any NASA consultants. It feels contrived and the social agenda is a bit overbearing as well.

I agree Orville is way better and not behind a pay wall. The only hope for CBS prime is the reboot of The Twilight Zone. If it flops I predict the end of CBS prime.

O

Ovation

Enthusiast
We are nurturing. :p

- Rich
Nurturing what, exactly? Anger? Frustration?

My wife is a big fan of those annual Hallmark Channel style Christmas movies (gotta be a dozen every year). I loathe them. But I don’t watch them to pick them apart. First, I know they’re never going to make one I find appealing. Second, I don’t want to crap all over something that other people like just because I don’t. Third, I’ve got plenty of other things to watch or do.

I love the original Fugitive TV show (have the box set). Didn’t like the remake with Tim Daly some years ago. Same thing with MacGuyver and Magnum and 5-0. Loved the originals, don’t like the new ones. Gave each a shot—stopped watching. Also didn’t go to websites to vent my spleen about how much the new ones suck. What would be the point?

RichB

RichB

Nurturing what, exactly? Anger? Frustration?

My wife is a big fan of those annual Hallmark Channel style Christmas movies (gotta be a dozen every year). I loathe them. But I don’t watch them to pick them apart. First, I know they’re never going to make one I find appealing. Second, I don’t want to crap all over something that other people like just because I don’t. Third, I’ve got ple.nty of other things to watch or do.

I love the original Fugitive TV show (have the box set). Didn’t like the remake with Tim Daly some years ago. Same thing with MacGuyver and Magnum and 5-0. Loved the originals, don’t like the new ones. Gave each a shot—stopped watching. Also didn’t go to websites to vent my spleen about how much the new ones suck. What would be the point?
People who loved Star Trek TOS (like me) would like to have a show like that again. There are aspects of the STD that I like and others that are mind-numbingly dumb.
The original series was not without blunders. Spock's Brain and The Way to Eden episodes come to mind (Herbert, Herbert, Herbert) :)
What made ST TOS work was the character development that STD has not yet achieved.

We vent here, still hoping the show will improve.
Others wish to vent about those who vent, which is indirect venting.
It's like a steam engine around here. :p

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well I saw S02E11 a few days ago. I enjoyed it. Fast pace like usual.

I think the one thing I like most about this version of ST is how serious the tone usually is.

Again, I try my best to forget about all the TECHNICAL stuff and look at the overall big picture. :D

I seem to care about all the main characters. Even that main Klingon chick. I can't believe I said that. I think that says a lot for me - that I could possibly care about some ugly-looking Klingon girl. OMG. :eek::D

In other news, I also love The Blacklist, Billions, The OA. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis