Why Does YPAO Set Front & Rear Speakers Large?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is it the way Yamaha wrote the software?

When I run YPAO on my 5 year old RX-A1020 it sets the front and rear surround speakers to Large, side surround to Small, and Center channel to Small. Subs it sets cross over to 150Hz.

I end up manually setting all speakers to Small and subs at 80Hz crossover.

All speakers are bookshelves, not towers!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mr.MAGOO,

I am here to say my TSR-7790 also set front and surrounds to large and that unit I believe came out in 2015. My fronts are Towers, surrounds are small. It also set my center to large, did like you did went into settings and manually adjusted everything.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of these auto setup combined with req programs are set to detect an f3 of 40hz in-room response (so it doesn't always match up to your speaker specs particularly) for the speaker to be declared "large" rather than simply enabling bass management with use of a sub...not sure if that's specifically the Yamaha way, tho.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
A lot of these auto setup combined with req programs are set to detect an f3 of 40hz in-room response (so it doesn't always match up to your speaker specs particularly) for the speaker to be declared "large" rather than simply enabling bass management with use of a sub...not sure if that's specifically the Yamaha way, tho.
What is an "F3 at 40hz?" :confused:

Jaime1981

Jaime1981

Audiophyte
I have the new A870 and it does the same, I have to manually set them to small.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis