Why do I Feel Nausea??

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Okay this is the 3rd time I have watched a movie in my theater room and this is the 3rd time half way into te movie I feel Naseau? slight eye strain. Like reading a book while driving. Make me feel sea sick. What could be causing it??:eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
def tech? j/k

check your screen height/size/distance and projector calibration.
see also if it happens on other seats as well.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Well the bottom of the screen it 35" off the floor, Center of the screen is about 55" off the floor. the total screen size is 135" but I'm only projecting about a 129" Image. My middle row of seats where I was sitting is about 16'5" viewing from the screen. I finished watching the movie, and to be honest my eyes feel twisted a little. Any Ideas?????:(:(

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
Was it an action film with fast moving or shaky camera work?

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Don't think so. It was National Treasure 2 book of secrets.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ummm, I guy puts a giant movie screen in his house, turns his 2k watt system up to 100db, has his subs set "hot" and wonders why he feels weird after watching a movie....

Drink through it my friend, drink through it......

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There's no obvious answer other than that you get motion sickness. The projector is a AE2000 which means you aren't getting hit with rainbows causing the issue, as is far more common.

Perhaps there are other environmental issues in the room if it is new such as chemicals coming off the carpet or something else.

I recommend you go into the room and NOT watch a movie, but close the door and play some solitaire or something for an hour and see how you feel.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
I'm in there all the time working, no smells get to me. I think it might be the screen is so big that my eyes cant deal with it. I thought maybe the screen was out of alignment. I'll have to calibrate it again. I'm going to try and sit in the far back row. About 18-19ft back and see how that goes. I had a friend there watching the movie to. I called him and ask if he felt anything and he also said his eyes felt tired.
Weird!!

H

Hdude

Audioholic Intern
I also think it might have something to do with screen being too big for that distance. I have a 116" screen but I don't project onto all of it. Try reducing the iamge size to 100" inch.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
This is a total crapshoot, but you may also try reducing the brightness of the PJ. If the image is too bright in a dark room I get blistering headaches too and that's not even on a PJ. I've certainly had my eyes get tired and felt bad after watching a light canon in full darkness before.

If turning the PJ's brightness down doesn't help, break the cardinal rule of Projectors and kick on a bit of ambient light for a while and see if that helps. It may turn out that you need a bit of bias lighting.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
Yeah I heard some where that it's not good to watch TV in a total dark room. But on the other hand, Thats how all theaters are. Next time I play a movie I'm going to sit in the very back row and see how that works.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Okay this is the 3rd time I have watched a movie in my theater room and this is the 3rd time half way into te movie I feel Naseau? slight eye strain. Like reading a book while driving. Make me feel sea sick. What could be causing it??:eek:
Is this new? Have you had the projector long with no issues? Or, perhaps the color wheel if it has one, in it is affecting you?
If not, may need to see a doctor?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i say it's JJ Abrams' fault.

have you ever in your life watched cloverfield?

Lost? Alias?

all these will severely mess with your head.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I really think it's all that bass SPL squeezing your mellon!! :eek:

My first thought though was the same as Andrew's.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Dave, Just a thought: (didn't read whole thread, hope it's not a repeat)
If your theater is new, I'm wondering if all the new carpet, paint, seating etc. is off gassing. See Link http://www.natureneutral.com/learnOff.php
Volatile chemicals in building materials can release chemicals into the air through evaporation.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I too say motion sickness... but it could be something else. Is it possible for you to reduce the size of the picture? If so, try making the picture smaller and watch the same material that caused the nasuea before, and see if it happens again.

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
i say it's JJ Abrams' fault.

have you ever in your life watched cloverfield?

Lost? Alias?

all these will severely mess with your head.
Oh man I went to see cloverfeild in the theater.......... Ugg after 20 min I had to run out!!!!!:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis