Why did plasma go extinct.??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Chief
They went extinct because plasma tvs are dull looking heavy and over priced. You can get deeper blacks on oled displays anyway.
Plasma weight was pretty substantial but far better then any led or qled tv.

Are oled better I heard they burn in more then plasma but for average sports fans will oled work. ? For movies too

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Full Audioholic
Plasma weight was pretty substantial but far better then any led or qled tv.

Are oled better I heard they burn in more then plasma but for average sports fans will oled work. ? For movies too

Tesla spoken to them
Plasma was far heavier than anything LED/OLED etc. burn in was far more common in Plasma, and very unlikely in OLED. Once LED got close enough to Plasma contrast retailers basically had enough of the heavier sets that could only be stored upright and had more returns and warranty work.

That said, I’m still waiting for my 55” plasma to die before I get a new set. I hope OLED will drop in price, but it’s not happening it seems.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Chief
Plasma was far heavier than anything LED/OLED etc. burn in was far more common in Plasma, and very unlikely in OLED. Once LED got close enough to Plasma contrast retailers basically had enough of the heavier sets that could only be stored upright and had more returns and warranty work.

That said, I’m still waiting for my 55” plasma to die before I get a new set. I hope OLED will drop in price, but it’s not happening it seems.
So oled is better then plasma? Even the best led tv never ever ever came close to the contrast ratios of top brand plasmas in the ‘millions .

Tesla spoken to them

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Full Audioholic
So oled is better then plasma? Even the best led tv never ever ever came close to the contrast ratios of top brand plasmas in the ‘millions .

Tesla spoken to them
Define better. No matter how much better plasma might measure, the goal is what a human eye can't detect. I'm unaware of any double blind experiments, controlled for only contrast, comparing plasma and OLED, but I would highly doubt you would see preference outside of chance.

Moreover, while I don't have measurements in front of me, I'm willing to bet that OLED would be considered SOTA in contrast as well.

Price not a factor, and I will always have a fond place for PLASMA in my heart, I wouldn't take one over an OLED.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Chief
Define better. No matter how much better plasma might measure, the goal is what a human eye can't detect. I'm unaware of any double blind experiments, controlled for only contrast, comparing plasma and OLED, but I would highly doubt you would see preference outside of chance.

Moreover, while I don't have measurements in front of me, I'm willing to bet that OLED would be considered SOTA in contrast as well.

Price not a factor, and I will always have a fond place for PLASMA in my heart, I wouldn't take one over an OLED.
More less not price but discontinued and killed , oled is probably lot brighter . Are led brightest ? When is micro qled coming does it compare to oled ?

Modern TVs are what 1/3 the weight of similar sized plasma ? And at 75”+ size modern oled is probably best . Rarely plasmas exceeded 70”?
Tesla spoken to them

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis