Why can't I stream atmos tracks from Tidal on Denon X8500H?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
How do you play ATMOS from Apple Music via your iPhone to your Pre-Pro or AVR? Do you have some sort of Lightning to HDMI connection?
I think they are mistaken as atmos from iPhone to AVR is not supposed to be supported in any way. But, it would be an interesting find.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
For those wanting to compare dolby atmos tracks on Apple Music to those on Tidal through their dolby atmos capable AVR, the Apple TV 4K is, at the moment, the only device capable of delivering dolby atmos from both services via HDMI to an AVR. However, it is not currently capable of delivering 24/192 hi-res from any service.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How do you play ATMOS from Apple Music via your iPhone to your Pre-Pro or AVR? Do you have some sort of Lightning to HDMI connection?
I think they're probably using the phone to control the AVR using an app rather than playing directly from the phone. Could be Airplay or Heos.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Can an Apple Lightning to usb cable, like the one used to charge an iPhone, be used to get 24/192 Lossless from iPhone to a usb DAC? Example: iPhone 7+ to Parasound P6.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have been informed that the ddHifi TC28i adapter Lightning to usb-c will get Hi-Res from my iPhone to Parasound P6 Preamplifier's usb DAC input?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis