Why buy bose when you can buy Anthony Gallo?

J

JerryElbow

Enthusiast
Shadow_Ferret said:
Well, I'd argue if they are of good construction quality. They use cheap paper cones for one thing.
Well, I'll admit it's been a long time since I really looked into a Bose. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt in trying to say something positive about them! ;) I still think if you look at a lot of popular lines, you'll probably find them all built at about the same level of quality (low).

I do remember one Bose-related story from my days as an audio salesman that I thought was fairly funny. The Bose rep had just come from a visit to a Boston store where somebody asked him just how much power the old 901s (I don't remember the series) could handle. This is, of course, a fairly pointless question, but he did a little math and figured that the AC line from the outlet essentially put out a 60 Hz signal at something like 15,000 watts (who knows how he figured that out). He got a plug, some zip cord and wired one of the 901s directly into the wall for a few minutes, which allegedly shook the store. He then wired it back into a conventional amplifier and it played as good (or bad) as ever. I've always wondered if he was B.S.-ing me on that one as he was pretty straight on everything else.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
....just showed at hotmail....maybe not......

The Bose Corporation
The Mountain
Framington, MA 63852

Customer Relations Dept.-Email Response

Mr. Mule,

Yes, we viewed Privateer's post, instantly, as per programmed scanners. We've brought it to a vote, and decided to struggle on, unspoken. No Response. We offer, they buy, what are we doing wrong? Our computer system cost 14 bazillion. Thanks. What's for supper? Regards.

J.L. Bahamasfrequenter, Dept Administrator-----end

.....mercy......

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....and guys, cubes were a must, to sell the wives....who run that home....don't think they do?....who's happy when Mama ain't?....huh?....

.....they will sell cube systems from here on....and they know it....wives will see to it....the issue is whether a guy must have more system....

.....great day in central Arkansas....sickle ride to Heber Springs now on the radar.....

.....I now want to say what my ex-Father-in-law, now deceased, calmest funeral I ever attended, said to me one day.....

.....he said, "Ronnie, it boils down to the establishment of priorites, period, and priorities promote gut searches"..........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis