WHY are front projectors so expensive?

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Great post!

I tried to give you a green chickie but the system wouldn't let me. It says I don't spread it around enough.:eek:
Yeah, apparently the system has caught me chasing BMXTRIX around, trying to give him more green chickies, too. The powers-that-be don't want him to gain too much power too quickly or something.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Well, thanks for trying. I'm one of a few here who have more than the one little chicklet next to my name which is nice. Still trying to figure out how to change my user name from BMXTRIX to AV_Integrated - but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Front projectors... I get front projectors. I'm not as gung-ho crazy about calibrating them to death like some are, but I get the conecept of it all and follow the market pretty closely... and have for about 6 or 7 years now.

majorloser

majorloser

Yeah, apparently the system has caught me chasing BMXTRIX around, trying to give him more green chickies, too. The powers-that-be don't want him to gain too much power too quickly or something.
I'll do it for both of you ;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
and I added another ...

thanks for all the info BMXTRIX

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
and I added another ...

thanks for all the info BMXTRIX
As did I. BMXTRIX I think if you send an Admin a PM that requests a name change they would probably do it for you :).

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Projector price discrepancies

Just like other electronics, projectors have major price descrepancies between mass market and boutique manufactures.

Panasonic, Sanyo, Epson, Optoma, etc. are selling 10's or 100's of thousands or projectors and have the R&D budget to bring the latest technology to market faster and cheaper. SIM is probably selling 100's or 1000's of projectors and their pricing reflects that difference.

A good analogy for receivers would be Denon and Yamaha vs. NAD and Rotel.

When you are ready to buy, also take a look at the JVC DLA-RS1U.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis