Why a Denon x3600 but no x4600 or x6600 or x8600?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I ain't reaching for the old slide rule otoh let alone doing it in my head....
I couldn't even find my slide rule or HP scientific calculators any m, so I created all sorts of Excel spreadsheet to do such calculations.

For those who don't do spreadsheets or loss their slide rules, sengpielaudio.com seems to have just about any online calculators one can think of, for audio related stuff and theirs are way better than Crown audio, in terms of technical details.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I couldn't even find my slide rule or HP scientific calculators any m, so I created all sorts of Excel spreadsheet to do such calculations.

For those who don't do spreadsheets or loss their slide rules, sengpielaudio.com seems to have just about any online calculators one can think of, for audio related stuff and theirs are way better than Crown audio, in terms of technical details.
That is one "information dense" website!
http://sengpielaudio.com/Calculations03.htm
Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Yeah I use their site as well. I have a slide rule mounted above my workshop bench....and haven't used it in a very long time. I had an app an engineer friend posted about once, a scientific calculator for your phone....but I deleted it as I wasn't using it and don't remember the name of it....

I

Isak Öhrlund

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone know if the 4500 allows you to add external amplification to the front channels to do 11.1 like the 3600?

I

Isak Öhrlund

Junior Audioholic
Great. What about the latest Dolby upmixer, seems the 4500 lacks that for some reason?I expect the 4500 and the 3600 will about the same price on black Friday where I live. Which one would you go for?

D

Dolbee

Enthusiast
Great. What about the latest Dolby upmixer, seems the 4500 lacks that for some reason?I expect the 4500 and the 3600 will about the same price on black Friday where I live. Which one would you go for?
Which one did you go for?

I

Isak Öhrlund

Junior Audioholic
The x4500h. The price difference was merely 100 dollars, and I was curious about Auro-3D. Still haven't set it up though, waiting for some free time from kid and wife.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis