Who's got the best App to control their AVR? (Denon seems to stuck on 2016 and it sucks)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Heck, all the manufactures buy their parts from who knows where these days, and the labor, well its where the cheapest is located at the time of their business contract, same for parts. The cheapest is going to get the business and fantastic quality, well that left us many many years ago.

And regarding Yamaha, I wonder where the line is drawn in their manufacturing structure on where all of their high-end, and mid tier AVR's, amps are made. Like this online notation. "Yamaha builds AVRs in 3 locations, Malaysia, China and Japan. The factory in Northern China is about 3 years old and largely builds the lower price-point AVRs as its labor costs are lower than Malaysia "
That was written by someone on AVS back in 2009.

IIRC, a few years ago @M Code said all Yamaha components are now made in Malaysia.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Heck, all the manufactures buy their parts from who knows where these days, and the labor, well its where the cheapest is located at the time of their business contract, same for parts. The cheapest is going to get the business and fantastic quality, well that left us many many years ago.

And regarding Yamaha, I wonder where the line is drawn in their manufacturing structure on where all of their high-end, and mid tier AVR's, amps are made. Like this online notation. "Yamaha builds AVRs in 3 locations, Malaysia, China and Japan. The factory in Northern China is about 3 years old and largely builds the lower price-point AVRs as its labor costs are lower than Malaysia "
Lol, guy's I'm just messing around.;) Denon's good gear man! So are Marantz Yamaha. I read a article on 2.1 4K 120hz the article stated 2.1 isn't a night or day kinda thing. If your a gamer than good you may need or want 2.1, I don't more than likely I won't ever need 2.1 4k 120 or 8k BS. I pick my AVR for sound quality reliability and of course price. Video isn't my first concern not even close. I use my 4K tv, 4K player video out goes straight to the TV. Audio from 4k player goes straight to the AVR done! No issues, no need don't need 120hz or VRR or Legacy bullsh$t.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
But is that accurate in 2021
Hmmm.... :rolleyes:
To my knowledge...
Today Yamaha builds consumer audio products In China, Malaysia and Japan. The very high end Yamaha component 5000 series, such as NS5000(speaker), M5000(amplifier), C5000(preamplifier) are built in Japan @ their Hamamatsu factory/headquarters. Their broader market products such as AVRs(mid and upper range) are built in Malaysia(Perak), but the lower range AVRs such as the TSR700 sold to CostCo are built in China(Suzchou) due to lower labor rates than Malaysia. Other audio products such as subwoofers, sound bars are sourced through various OE factories, Yamaha has a very wide, diversified manufacturing sourcing base.

Just my $0.02... ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
On the back of the $10K Yamaha M-5000 and $10K C-5000, it clearly says “MADE IN MALAYSIA”.

I know the $8K Yamaha A-S3200 Integrated Amp is made in Malaysia. So seeing how even their $10K amps and preamps are made in Malaysia, I would conclude that pretty much all Yamaha are made in Malaysia, maybe except for the cheapest components.

Bashmakk

Bashmakk

Audiophyte
I totally get your frustration with outdated AVR control apps, it can be such a bummer. I actually use a pretty nifty scanning app called smartengines.com that has made my life so much easier. While it's not directly related to AVR control, the app's ability to quickly scan and identify items could definitely come in handy when setting up or troubleshooting your AVR.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Absolutely loving my up to date Yamaha MusicCast WiFi remote control app. Use it everyday.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis