Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep likes Kong!

I can't wait to see this. Having a hookup for free movies at Famous Players (THX Cert. Theater chain in Canada), I will be there for the preview!

Peter Jackson(known for bass) + Big monkey (makes lots of bass) = BASS!!!

mmmm, monkey bass.

Your thoughts?

SheepStar

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hell yeah :) Can't wait to see this one. I even liked the original.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Its looking to be the biggest movie of the year. I really like that they didn't do a present time kong or something like I expected, I bet if it was any other director then Peter Jackson it would have been and sucked very bad.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't know...

...Peter Jackson definately gets a vote of confidence for his work on LOTR, but almost all the King Kong remakes and ripoffs have been pretty bad overall. And there have been quite a few of them over the last 72 years. The original movie still kicks @$$.

I'm really hoping that the cg lives up to his reputation and doesn't turn out to be stupid - think The Hulk. I hope he does justice to the original.

Jeff

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
AFI already has it listed as among the Top 10 movies of 2005.

I thought the CGI for the Hulk was pretty impressive. It was the story itself that failed.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Shadow_Ferret said:
AFI already has it listed as among the Top 10 movies of 2005.

I thought the CGI for the Hulk was pretty impressive. It was the story itself that failed.

The problem I had with the CGI in the hulk was that it didn't look at all real to me. It looked like a really good video game, not a movie. I expect more from a high budget major motion picture.

For comparison, the CG in Jurassic Park or LOTR was much better, not perfect, but very watchable. I was able to feel like I was watching a movie, not playing a game on my PS2.

my $.02

Jeff

Oh yeah, the original King Kong is on AMC tonight starting in 20 minutes, 7:00p CST.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
I saw it last night it was awesome the graphics were amazing. Some points felt like simulator rides at Universal they were so good. I don't usually say you have to go see a movie in the theatre but this is one of the few I definately have to say GO SEE IT in a good Theatre. The best picture quality I have seen and some of the best use of surround sound I've heard.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
my only concern was the choice of Jack Black. How was he in the movie?

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Kong: New Reference film for LF

I loved Kong! Jackson has done it again. This is a movie for movie lovers. And the LFE just hammers. I can't wait for this to hit DVD. This is going to replace SW:TPM and WOTW for LF extension. Guaranteed!

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I just got done watching it. Too long in my opinion. Definitely a lot of unnecessary long drawn out scenes that could have been cut out. Save them up for the extended DVD edition says I ;) .

Very entertaining otherwise in my opinion.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Jack Hammer said:
The problem I had with the CGI in the hulk was that it didn't look at all real to me. It looked like a really good video game, not a movie. I expect more from a high budget major motion picture.
I agree with this 100%
I have seen a lot of cgi movies and by far - for a character in a movie that was supposed to look real, it looked way to cartoonish.
I mean, I have even seen cartoonish movies with more realistic characters (think - Final Fantasy).
Also IMO the movie was poorly written.
I much prefered the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno Hulk.

I have seen the previews of Kong - And they look awesome.
As far as Jack Black, I have a feeling this will probably be one of his better movies (I will have to see)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, I just got back from seeing King Kong in THX and......WOW.

New LFE monster movie. Once you see Kong, the LFE doesn't stop. I want to say all the "things" that caused the LFE, but that would make me a jacka$$.

One thing I will say is this. The guy in charge of creating monsters for the movie went ALL OUT :)

Definately a must buy DVD.

Also, Jack Black was either Great, or Awful. Thats all you get ;)

SheepStar

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
I really enjoyed it

I saw King Kong last night, and thought Jackson did a great job with it. I posted a review of it on epinions when I got home!

Return of the King: Kong if you'd like to read it.

Jack Black did fine in his role, and I thought the CGI was great, the movie just needed some serious editing. (I'm shopaholic man over at epinions)

Last edited by a moderator:
masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Kong...7 out of 10

:p :cool: I don't really give this Kong a 2-thumbs up. I go with an unpopular vote. It is bloody too long of an intro. if it was edited for a 2,5 hrs film, i think i can give it an 8. Questions: ***Deleted per request***

Last edited:
J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Nice job with the spoilers masak aer how about editing that for everyone that hasn't seen it.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ya, note how I didn't give away anything....

SheepStar

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

I'm gonna wait for the DVD.

I love movies, but oh how I hate the cinema.

majorloser

majorloser

King Dong

Well, saw the movie last night.................hated it!

I already own the 1930's and the 1970's DVD's. Watched them last week to catch up and get ready.

The movie was WAY too long. The first hour was drawn out too much with the pre-departure stuff. Granted, yes the CG was awesome and the DTS soundtrack was quite good (not very much LFE, though). It just didn't need to be as long as LOTR. I guess Peter Jackson doesn't know how to make a standard feature length movie.

As loserwife put it, "Wasted an hour with close-ups of Naomi Watts face longing for the ape".

I have to admit, Ann Darrow needed somebody to slap the crap out of her and tell her, "Get over it!" It's like she missed the King Dong.:eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
Well, saw the movie last night.................hated it!

I already own the 1930's and the 1970's DVD's. Watched them last week to catch up and get ready.

The movie was WAY too long. The first hour was drawn out too much with the pre-departure stuff. Granted, yes the CG was awesome and the DTS soundtrack was quite good (not very much LFE, though). It just didn't need to be as long as LOTR. I guess Peter Jackson doesn't know how to make a standard feature length movie.

As loserwife put it, "Wasted an hour with close-ups of Naomi Watts face longing for the ape".

I have to admit, Ann Darrow needed somebody to slap the crap out of her and tell her, "Get over it!" It's like she missed the King Dong.:eek:

Note very much LFE?! What theater did you see it in..A portable DVD player?

I agree that ann darrow was the weakest link in this movie.

Now that I think about it, females in general are always the weakest link in movies. hm.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis