Who is going to purchase the new Avatar flick in 4K when it comes out?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Wife and I saw the first one. We will be going to see the second one. We enjoy the 3D experience. We don't have an old 3D TV, so would defeat the purpose to buy the DVD's........for US.

Newly released movies come around every so often on Netflix and Prime, and we just wait for them to show up. We don't patronize the movie theatre. We are more of the live performance type folks with diner b/4 the show with others.

Now waiting for the latest TOP GUN movie to come up as free entertainment.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
We took my mother in-law to see the first one in 2009. She hadn't been to the theater to see a movie in years. She came out of there speechless and with tears streaming down her face. She was absolutely blown away by it.

We're planning on taking her to see the 2nd over the holidays here. I don't think she's been to a theater since the first one. I can't wait.

Yes, I'll be buying it in 4K.
I had the same experience with my mom she loves Sci fi and fantasy as long as it's not to icky as she calls it :) and she had the same reaction as your mom did. I saw it on Monday with friends and was just blown away by it I sat there and thought to myself as the credits were rolling I can't wait to take my mom to see this!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes! I will be buying the 4k version of this!

I loved it. The visuals and the CGI the world especially the underwater scenes were just breathtakingly beautiful.

The storyline was formulaic but still solid enough to work for me I'm not going to a sci-fi action movie for an Oscar level script Lol I just need it to be good enough of a story that it doesn't detract from the world in which I am losing myself into and the story did that.

The sound 10 out of 10. The music 8 out of 10. The action 10 out of 10. The acting 10 out of 10. The story 7 out of 10. The visuals CGI special effects and the world? 20 out of 10. The length 5 out of 10 a little too long but I was so lost in the beauty of the world that I didn't notice but if I had to trim it would be the teenager drama stuff in the middle of the movie that could have been trimmed down a Lil bit

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Watching the first one now as a starter to hitting the theater to watch part two for my wife’s birthday. We’ve watched the first one many times as a family and really looking forward to it. The DTSHDMA track upmixes very nicely with DTSnx. Once I finally upgrade our display, I will definitely be buying both.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I was thinking about seeing the movie but am still on the fence. Parts of it were filmed at 24fps and some at 48fps. Those opting for the 3-D Hi Frame Rate showing will see it all at 48fps with the 24fps parts doubled. The audio presentation will vary no matter the video presentation. The UHD blu-ray spec does not support 3-D or 48fps so those wanting to see it in 3-D and Hi Frame Rate had better get to the multiplex. I'd be curious if a 3-D blu-ray will be produced or if just 2-D 24fps blu-ray and UHD blu-ray will be produced. A UHD disc of the first film is still not available and the streaming version on Disney+ is just HD 5.1. I'm still waiting for "The Abyss: Special Edition" to make it to UHD blu-ray as well.:confused:

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I was thinking about seeing the movie but am still on the fence. Parts of it were filmed at 24fps and some at 48fps. Those opting for the 3-D Hi Frame Rate showing will see it all at 48fps with the 24fps parts doubled. The audio presentation will vary no matter the video presentation. The UHD blu-ray spec does not support 3-D or 48fps so those wanting to see it in 3-D and Hi Frame Rate had better get to the multiplex. I'd be curious if a 3-D blu-ray will be produced or if just 2-D 24fps blu-ray and UHD blu-ray will be produced. A UHD disc of the first film is still not available and the streaming version on Disney+ is just HD 5.1. I'm still waiting for "The Abyss: Special Edition" to make it to UHD blu-ray as well.:confused:
For 3D viewing, you need a 3D TV, which they don't make anymore.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Many still have their 3-D capable TVs and 3-D capable projectors are still produced.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So we went to see way of the water in 3d. It took me a while, like an hour, to get used to looking where the camera had images in focus. When I was watching, some cool 3d effect would pop out and I would randomly look into the background at people or set pieces that weren’t in focus and it kinda hurt my brain, and eyes. Like I was somehow expecting those images to come into focus when I looked at them. NOT! I had to just follow along and I didn’t like that. Got used to it though.
Despite some really cool effects, I couldn’t help but thinking how much I’d love to see this on an 85” LG OLED. It will look spectacular indeed. Also, the soundtrack sounded great. I’m fairly certain our local multiplex is not Atmos capable, but I swear I heard a lot of sounds overhead and it was overall very immersive with lots of movement all around.
Really enjoyed it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
We're (a group of 9 of us) going to see it tomorrow night at 7PM. I'll report back after we see it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Went and saw it tonight. The visuals were absolutely beautiful. 11/10. The story? Oh boy. As my son put it "that's something you write in a single night." Calling the plot paper thin, would be an insult to paper. Overall, 6/10.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Went and saw it tonight. The visuals were absolutely beautiful. 11/10. The story? Oh boy. As my son put it "that's something you write in a single night." Calling the plot paper thin, would be an insult to paper. Overall, 6/10.
No surprises on plot.

Avatar 1: Bigger baddies try to take over indigenous land, and the indigenous people fight back.

Avatar 2: Bigger baddies try to take over indigenous land again and the indigenous people fight back again. :D

In reliability, most movies have thin or simple plots.

Even the highest rated movies of all times have very simple plots.

Shawshank Redemption: a guy falsely accused of murder, goes to jail, plot to escape from jail, escapes from jail.

The Godfather: guy doesn’t want to become like his father in the mafia, gets pulled into the business anyway, becomes just like his father.

Now my favorite movie of all times - Edge of Tomorrow- has a much more complex plot. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Avatar 2 has now grossed almost $1.5 billion in 19 days. Probably hit $2 billion in another week. :D

Titanic: $2.2 billion
Avatar 2: $1.5 billion and growing

James Cameron sure knows how to make money at the box office. :D

kmidst

kmidst

Enthusiast
For 3D viewing, you need a 3D TV, which they don't make anymore.
Actually, you can use a VR headset! And it's very immersive.

I'll definitely be getting the 4K release and looking for a steelbook version. I loved the film in the theater, it was drop dead gorgeous and had very good sound design. About the story, the thinness didn't bother me because the visuals/sound and just general wholesomeness of the movie made up for it. It's a movie that 2020's needed, too many traditional values have been getting discarded lately.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I still have two 55 inch 3D LED Samsung TVs and Blu-Ray Players that will play these disks. I haven't done it in years. I wonder if the glasses still work...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I still have two 55 inch 3D LED Samsung TVs and Blu-Ray Players that will play these disks. I haven't done it in years. I wonder if the glasses still work...
I still have 4 pairs of Samsung glasses for some reason, but no 3D TVs anymore lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably with new batteries will be just fine. Can't think of anytime I've had a pair not work as long as the batteries were. Let me know if you want a pair, I have extras but I still have two tvs and several disc players to view 'em on (and did as recently as a few days ago). Seems @j_garcia really has extras, tho :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Probably with new batteries will be just fine. Can't think of anytime I've had a pair not work as long as the batteries were. Let me know if you want a pair, I have extras but I still have two tvs and several disc players to view 'em on (and did as recently as a few days ago). Seems @j_garcia really has extras, tho :)
Yep, if either of you need 2 pairs, I can send them to you for the price of shipping. They still worked when last I was able to check, they outlasted the TV lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, if either of you need 2 pairs, I can send them to you for the price of shipping. They still worked when last I was able to check, they outlasted the TV lol.
I think I have 7 pairs....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis