Who is going to purchase the new Avatar flick in 4K when it comes out?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I ordered 4k editions for first and Steelbook version for second one. Also picked up the 3D version of Avatar 2. Looking forward to watching both versions in 3D and in 4k.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Glad I waited and just streamed it. It doesn't warrant a disc buy. I might have considered buying both movies on UHD disc if Dolby Vision had may its way to the discs. It really wasn't a very good movie and goes on the list of overlong dogs I won't watch again anytime soon along with "Eternals" and "Black Panther:Wakanda Forever."

B

BenjaminR

Audiophyte
I don't think that I'll get WOTW.

It was too soft and safe.....and long.

Avatar was far grittier and sharp into the action.

I kinda didn't like it compared to Avatar.

I will get Avatar on 4k definitely.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I'd bought the Avatar 3-D disc and watched it many times on my old 3-D plasma TV. It had issues as all 3-D discs do. I also watched the 2-D blu-ray quite a few times. Before the 4K/UHD stream of Avatar arrived, the HD 5.1 version on Disney+ stunk. The new 4K/UHD Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos version is much better than it. It's good enough that I just do not feel compelled to get the new disc that lacks Dolby Vision.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I watched the Avatar sequel on Disney+ and thought that it was a little of a let-down. I found the first Avatar movie to be better.

squared80

squared80

Enthusiast
I watched the Avatar sequel on Disney+ and thought that it was a little of a let-down. I found the first Avatar movie to be better.
I think most agree that the first movie itself was better, but this is till a visually and audibly stunning movie that's great for home theater enthusiasts such as myself. I don't mind watching 'not great' movies in that vein (of which I've seen many).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Better than Wakanda Forever. LOL :)

At least it has a few cool scenes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one felt like a total rehash, which was unsurprising. It was entertaining enough, but glad I did not see it in the theater.

Wakanda Forever had a few cool scenes too, but the story was nearly pointless and forgettable. Aside from introducing characters, it had no purpose.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Better than Wakanda Forever. LOL :)

At least it has a few cool scenes.
Just about anything is better than recent MCU crap. :)

I agree with most here though...the first Avatar has some great scenes I go back to again and again.
This one, not so much.
It's more like "Little Navi' Hut on the Colony World Prairie"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Aside from introducing characters, it had no purpose.
The whole MCU seems this way to me, but never was a particular fan of the comics in the first place, so that might make a difference to some.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The whole MCU seems this way to me, but never was a particular fan of the comics in the first place, so that might make a difference to some.
There's a few that were good, but lately they are just churning out fluff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's a few that were good, but lately they are just churning out fluff.
So were you primarily a fan of these MC comics before movies? How well are they following script? I'm more about scifi books being turned into movies, which at least has improved over the years, but often varies widely from the book much to my disliking. Then there's just puerile crap like Lucas' Star Wars.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So were you primarily a fan of these MC comics before movies? How well are they following script? I'm more about scifi books being turned into movies, which at least has improved over the years, but often varies widely from the book much to my disliking. Then there's just puerile crap like Lucas' Star Wars.
Most of the films have little or no relationship to the comics aside from the characters. Often it is more fan service that they show special things, places or characters than to make use of them. They use the framework from the storylines but change most of the details, so basically disappointing.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
This one felt like a total rehash, which was unsurprising. It was entertaining enough, but glad I did not see it in the theater.

Wakanda Forever had a few cool scenes too, but the story was nearly pointless and forgettable. Aside from introducing characters, it had no purpose.
Wakanda Forever was downright terrible. I was bored the entire time. So much that I almost shut it off midway through. Which I've never done before. I forced myself to finish it. The overall story was just awful. The added characters were dumb and Chadwick (RIP), not in it made a huge difference. I'm not sure I will ever re-watch this one. Maybe in 10-15 years. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It has become more business than entertainment, just like Disney. A quality product isn't what they're interested in. They just want something that gets enough people in theater for a few weeks to generate enough money to make a profit and move on to the next one. They aren't making them because they are fans or want to create something memorable, it is just profit they're after. That is a surefire recipe to get people uninterested in what you're peddling.

B

bosefriendly

Enthusiast
Just streamed it recently. Effects are great, content a little plagiarized.... dances with wolves. Still entertaining but not enough for me to buy.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
So Cameron was able to get Disney to put his movie on 100gig 4k disc. So that's nice. All together with movie and sound it sits around 88 gigs. So they didn't use the full extent of the disc. Which is frustrating. The K-scape version sits at 102 gigs. The bitrates will be better on the k-scape. Unfortunate that Cameron would allow Disney to ATMOUSE his movie. With the power he has at the studio he should be demanding demo worthy sound. Take out AV2 box office success and Disney would be bottom of the rankings vs other studios. When it comes to total box office revenue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis