Who is going to purchase the new Avatar flick in 4K when it comes out?

B

bosefriendly

Enthusiast
It has become more business than entertainment, just like Disney. A quality product isn't what they're interested in. They just want something that gets enough people in theater for a few weeks to generate enough money to make a profit and move on to the next one. They aren't making them because they are fans or want to create something memorable, it is just profit they're after. That is a surefire recipe to get people uninterested in what you're peddling.
I think the concept of the creator being a fan is the root of success for mandalorian.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
All together with movie and sound it sits around 88 gigs.
It's around 76 gigs with just English....with around a 50mb bitrate, not great....they should have split it to 2 discs.
For comparison, the episodes on Star Trek SNW 4K have around a 75mb bitrate....

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I have the first Avatar movie copied to DVD from rented movie, soon after it came out. It was fantastic in the movie theatre. Since we have Disney+, I watched the first release the other day and plan to watch the second one today or tomorrow. I have no plans to buy or copy the current Avatar release.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think the concept of the creator being a fan is the root of success for mandalorian.
Yes and no. Favreau is involved in a number of the MCU films, even appearing in a number of them. Other than the first Iron Man, which he directed, I can't say it has made those MCU movies any better because Marvel still has a problem. Iron Man 1 was good though.

That does not explain Boba Fett either.

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
In the general sense it's not a new story. What depth? The depth of technical innovation and visual/auditory stuff exceeded the "depth" of the story IMHO.
That's my opinion on a lot of movies. These fit that bill. They are entertaining movies. Albeit a little long IMO. We re-watch Avatar at the theater in 3D before WoW came out. What a l long sit. I can only imagine re-watching WoW will be the same.

I often wonder if people are buying movies like this for the "wow" factor? Which there's nothing wrong with! I seem to collect music and it's not all great. Though, I only ever bought a few disks to just highlight my sound system. That was back when DTS and DD music just came out.

I would rather listen to not so great produced music that moves me. Likewise, I like a lot of the classic black and white movies. They had to rely on depth.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I finally got around to watching, "Way of the Water," last week. It was a bit long and I was worn out with the forever long battle ending. I skipped through some of that battling and did not receive any, "WOW," from the movie. It was entertaining and way to Long for me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis