Which would you prefer for Front L/C/R?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If given the choice between JTR or Krix Modular setup, which would you prefer for your front stage?

Since the Krix Modular setup comes with subs, lets use two of the JTR 4000's with the 215RT's.

Krix MX-40

download.jpg

JTR Noesis 215RT

215rt.png

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Since toe in is important and sub position relative to room boundaries is important, the modular system looks super sexy but doesn't have the placement flexibility I like to have.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Not familiar with Krix, but the JTRs are beasts. The 215s are in my fantasy future! I really like the horizontal dispersion they have from their horn, and that are supposed to be very well rounded in terms of SQ.
As I also believe firmly in getting Subs off the front wall, the fact each tower is true full-range allows for that.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The 215 is a very formidable speaker. I've always wanted to check them out. I'm not a big fan of the modular design.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never heard of Krix myself, but could easily find a solution with JTR for the right room.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Never heard of Krix myself, but could easily find a solution with JTR for the right room.
Krix is a speaker company from Australia. Guess they've been in business since the 60's and started doing speakers for cinema's and then over time moved to residential home speaker setups. I guess they are very very popular down under.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Krix is a speaker company from Australia. Guess they've been in business since the 60's and started doing speakers for cinema's and then over time moved to residential home speaker setups. I guess they are very very popular down under.
Was just looking at a few, doesn't seem to have a lot of US presence.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You know, since I have subs I think I'd be really happy with the 210. I haven't flipped through their site in quite a while and they've updated it a lot. The actual site layout I mean. This one in custom gloss red actually looks pretty nice to me.

Hero_NOESIS-210RT.png

The bass extension of the 215 is definitely impressive, but I like the more traditional form factor of the 210. I think a pair in gloss black would look pretty nice in my living room.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That’s partly what piqued my curiosity. But premium drivers can still be misapplied. (I’m not suggesting that, in this instance!) :)

But yes, my experience with the two different Scans I have between the Phil3s and BMRs is quite delightful.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Those are solid speakers. Wish the website had specs on it. Have always wondered what the price on those would be?
For the next 9 days or so the MSRP is $7500 per speaker. There is a price increase on march 9 that will raise the price to $8,099.95. Of course, I can help with pricing, but best to act before March 9 if serious about these.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Those are solid speakers. Wish the website had specs on it. Have always wondered what the price on those would be?
Triads are built like a tank. The internal bracing and vibration damping on all Triad speakers manufactured in their Portland factory is off the charts. Build quality is just outstanding. Also, Triad builds their speakers by hand and will custom color match them to your walls and ceiling.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
For the next 9 days or so the MSRP is $7500 per speaker. There is a price increase on march 9 that will raise the price to $8,099.95. Of course, I can help with pricing, but best to act before March 9 if serious about these.
Yikes! $8k per speaker!! I know you can sell them for less, but I can get the JTR 215 for less than $4k per speaker. I'm not sure what the Platinum has for the extra $4k that could best the 215?

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
It would be nice to be able to compare CEA 2034 measurements of both of them and see the differences but as far as I know, neither has been measured that way?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yikes! $8k per speaker!! I know you can sell them for less, but I can get the JTR 215 for less than $4k per speaker. I'm not sure what the Platinum has for the extra $4k that could best the 215?
Do they call them JTR 215 because they have two 15’s or because they weigh 215lbs? Both are true! LOL :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis