Which floorstanding do you choose?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
If you has to choose one of this or which order and why?
Jbl arena 170
Jamo s807
Boston acoustics a250

The room its 10x12ft. Its for movies and the rest of the equipment is klipsch rc62II and klipsch r10sw and marantz 5012.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
If you has to choose one of this or which order and why?
Jbl arena 170
Jamo s807
Boston acoustics a250

The room its 10x12ft. Its for movies and the rest of the equipment is klipsch rc62II and klipsch r10sw and marantz 5012.
I have a pair of A250s in a closet. They aren't bad but definitely need a sub

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I would get the matching klipsch RF-62 II, I think it is essential that your front 3 speakers match and I would probably get the matching book shelfs when you are ready for surrounds. BTW, I have that same sub, nice job:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why floorstanders in the first place? In a small room like that a coupla subs with bookshelves would more likely be more than enough. Bigger room could change things....

I don't see why you would limit to those particular three speaker models otoh but seems more based on budget than a particular goal for quality.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Why floorstanders in the first place? In a small room like that a coupla subs with bookshelves would more likely be more than enough. Bigger room could change things....

I don't see why you would limit to those particular three speaker models otoh but seems more based on budget than a particular goal for quality.
Was thinking similar. Maybe a pair of RP BS speakers() and use some money for a sub upgrade. NOT a Klipsch.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
I would get the matching klipsch RF-62 II, I think it is essential that your front 3 speakers match and I would probably get the matching book shelfs when you are ready for surrounds. BTW, I have that same sub, nice job:

Thanks, now there is non on my country to buy used, if i see it ill buy it

I dont know
Was thinking similar. Maybe a pair of RP BS speakers() and use some money for a sub upgrade. NOT a Klipsch.
For both on bookshelfs the options i dont like very much i have to choose from dali zensor 3, monitor bronze 2, klipsch rb-51 II, boston acoustics rs 260 or klipsch r41m.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
OK, I think having the front 3 speakers match it is very important. If you can't find the matching klipsch maybe you can find a deal on a set of 3 new speakers and sell the center channel that doesn't match. BTW, JBL is having a nice sale:

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja

I like this response. The advantage is that bookshelf speakers could be less expensive. Every home theater should have a subwoofer anyway regardless of the main speakers in play.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, now there is non on my country to buy used, if i see it ill buy itI dont knowFor both on bookshelfs the options i dont like very much i have to choose from dali zensor 3, monitor bronze 2, klipsch rb-51 II, boston acoustics rs 260 or klipsch r41m.
Well for what it’s worth I like monitor audio a lot more than Klipsch so if they’re affordable I would get them, and replace the center at some point. Imo the towers you’re looking at are basically bookshelf speakers with built in stands. I would rather see you save on the “towers” and buy better bookshelf speakers and buy better subwoofage when you can.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
So which brands there better for movies like klipsch?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
So which brands there better for movies like klipsch?
I like JBL as JBL commercial speakers are used in many movie theaters and their professional monitors are used in many of the mixing stages used by sound engineers working on the movies. I think their speakers for home use are a good value too.

Professional Use (not for home)

Home Use

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How speakers sound to you is more important than how they may sound for us. I'm also a JBL fan, but more the Studio series myself as well as older lines of studio monitors....

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
So which bookshelfs do you recommend up to 300 dollars?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So which bookshelfs do you recommend up to 300 dollars?
$300 each? or per pair? Hard to know what's available to you otoh, especially used, don't even know what country you're in....but since you already have Klipsch maybe something from their RP series?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
$300 each? or per pair? Hard to know what's available to you otoh, especially used, don't even know what country you're in....but since you already have Klipsch maybe something from their RP series?
Pair, im looking for amazon us prices.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
If you want to change brands these:

or these:

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
If you want to change brands these:

or these:
Thanks, there are difference between the arenas and stage?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Thanks, there are difference between the arenas and stage?
You need to check the price differences in your country. I think the Arenas are entry level and stage are a step up:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The JBL Studio series would be a further step up in their consumer range over Stage/Arena, but before the HDI series.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis